Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Adventure B.C. > General outdoor Discussion

General outdoor Discussion For any outdoor adventure. Trail talk, camping, skiing, hiking, etc If itís outside and fun talk about it here.

Old 06-17-2005, 11:29 AM
Having FUN IN B.C.

Fuzzydog bad newbie
anyone on here in Terrace?

wondering how the logging road up the west side of the copper river is these days....
I used to live in Terrace about 10 yrs ago and was a great place to go - awesome fossil beds up that way.
taking my family for a holiday up there this summer and wouldn't mind going there.

Anybody have some info for me?

Thanks

"Your balls, once swallowed, cannot be reattached.....I'm just saying"
Old 06-19-2005, 12:09 AM
Having FUN IN B.C.

redneck_justice bad newbie
well the copper river road had a huge slide but new road has bin built to get buy it but there is lake now where no lake used to be. not sure where the fossil beds were up there so don't know if they are under water now or not. pm before ya head up so maybe can work it out to get togeather when ur here . there is small fossil bed area on kalum lake drive between town and my place 17 km out i can show ya phil

listen up trespasser! if'n ya was ta say...cuss my truck...waste my beer...or jus plain try and make off wit dem 4x4 parts. then i will hunt ya down an you'll get yourself a taste ah sum good ole fashion redneck justice. terrace bc
Old 06-19-2005, 01:00 AM
Not a Newbie

Denaliboy bad newbie
by the way phil i will be in terrace on monday or tuesday night ... cell phone: 1-778-241-0604 call me/leave a message me with your phone # ... you too fuzzy dog

we'll have a few beers when i'm in town ... all paid for by the dumb bastards who supply the denali i drive of course

this drinking club has a 4X4 problem
Old 06-19-2005, 01:18 AM
Not a Newbie

Denaliboy bad newbie
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Denaliboy

by the way phil i will be in terrace on monday or tuesday night ... cell phone: 1-778-241-0604 call me/leave a message me with your phone # ... you too fuzzy dog

we'll have a few beers when i'm in town ... all paid for by the dumb bastards who supply the denali i drive of course

in a week that is ... 27th or 28th

Old 06-19-2005, 02:09 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

cell # is 250 615 6851. u bet give me a call and we will for sure hook up for a beer or 10.

listen up trespasser! if'n ya was ta say...cuss my truck...waste my beer...or jus plain try and make off wit dem 4x4 parts. then i will hunt ya down an you'll get yourself a taste ah sum good ole fashion redneck justice. terrace bc
Old 06-22-2005, 01:54 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

Fuzzydog bad newbie
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by redneck_justice

well the copper river road had a huge slide but new road has bin built to get buy it but there is lake now where no lake used to be. not sure where the fossil beds were up there so don't know if they are under water now or not.
whoa! a lake? If I understand correctly, the slide blocked the copper river, which created a lake? That musta raised hell with the salmon runs, eh? How far up was the slide? I'm looking forward to getting up that way again.

as far as the fossil beds go, memory is foggy but it was quite a ways up and right on the river. as long as you stayed left at each junction you eventually come to a very flatish area and the road ends. right there was an awesome fossil bed - couldn't turn over a rock without seeing fossils. I hope that's not where the lake is...????
Somewhere up there a smaller river (not just a creek, but an actual river)joins the copper from the right and you cross it on a bridge - if you look to the right as you are crossing the bridge there is a cool rocky canyon. Just beyond that the road forks and you either go right and up, eventually joining a powerline, or you go left to the fossil bed and the end of the road.

Sound familiar at all?

"Your balls, once swallowed, cannot be reattached.....I'm just saying"
Old 06-23-2005, 12:04 AM
Having FUN IN B.C.

yep blocked the copper was kinda funny drivin over the copper river bridge with no river running under it for awhile oh yes up past the clore river where the canyon is then farther up is the kitniaqua river and near the entrance to the telkwa pass. did a bunch of gas line work up there and later hauled logs out of the back end aswell so the fossel beds are safe. the slide was about 24 km somewhere there. i have not bin up there but my buddy has pics so when he gets back to town will ask him to post the pics of the bypass road around the slide area.so let us know when ur gonna be up here and will get some folks togeather and make a day of it. phil