Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add '' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Adventure B.C. > General outdoor Discussion

General outdoor Discussion For any outdoor adventure. Trail talk, camping, skiing, hiking, etc If itís outside and fun talk about it here.

Old 04-21-2015, 12:11 AM
will5757 Good newbie
synthetic line weigh's less (and i think strech's less as well) its the combo of weight + strech that gives steel cable so much energy. I can't say i've seen it just drop, but just the mechanics of it tells me there'd be FAR less energy\danger if\when it snaps. Personally when i'm watching a winch in action, i stand behind a tree, and as close to 90 degree's to the front of the vehicle as possible (it's most likely to come relatively straight back\forward, depending on where it snaps) Call me crazy, but i've always been less scared of the cable then what might be on the end (hook\recovery point) i don't have any real evidence to base this on, but i figure the steel rope we use on winch's isn't all that likely to kill me, but if it launch's a's like a cannon shot
Old 04-21-2015, 07:13 AM
I don't have a
Swollen Member
apefrill Good newbie
Both my girls rode in the front seat of my old bronco in their carseats at some point while wheeling, but again no air bag. They also used to ride in the back with the top off too though, and never a complaint about wind, they loved it. The only concern I ever had when putting them in the back with the top off was the sun. We used to keep their little Barbie umbrellas in the truck for sunny days when we were stopped in traffic or something
Originally Posted by Roxy-skye View Post
Your my favorite lady-dude
Old 04-21-2015, 08:56 AM
Blame it on my A.d.D
Lieutenant Johnson bad newbie
Thanks for all the responses guys and gals...looks like i will try and get her used to a little wind maybe try and rig a.cover to wrap around the roll bar as a shield from.wind