Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Adventure B.C. > General outdoor Discussion

General outdoor Discussion For any outdoor adventure. Trail talk, camping, skiing, hiking, etc If itís outside and fun talk about it here.

Old 07-07-2013, 09:49 PM
Happy Newbie :)

nbrowser Good newbie
Just don't be stupid, look at the situation, cuts needed etc. then think about the best possible way of doing the work, seriously a lot of good points have been made in this thread.

Number 1 rule is don't be stupid, can't stress that enough, alcohol and or drugs and power tools obviously don't mix. Thought processes about what that log or branch is gonna do once cut free from the trunk, plan accordingly to how your gonna cut into it and like someone else said, don't let it touch the ground ! Take the cuts slow for the first little while until your comfy with the tool of mass destruction your using.

I'll get off my soapbox now...
Old 07-07-2013, 11:07 PM
Not a Newbie

Casselman Good newbie
Never used leg protection, Always worn carhardts while useing a chainsaw.... When you mangle your chain pm me, I fix/sharpen them for work
Old 07-08-2013, 09:47 AM
never go full
Swollen Member

Evan the Blue bad newbie
I have seen two chainsaw mishaps ...
One the guy wasnt wearing anything and ended up getting tons of stiches and lost part of his ear!
The second was a guy I was working with who was wearing face shield and chaps; he was fine but had to buy new chaps.
Needless to say I always wear my gear now after watching that!!!
Old 07-08-2013, 06:38 PM
never go full
Swollen Member

Evan the Blue bad newbie
Just don't do this

Name:  1016341_10151777113751803_1927887633_n.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  80.6 KB
Old 07-08-2013, 08:27 PM
Now I see what FIBC is about

TheGreatWhiteMoose Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan the Blue View Post
Just don't do this

Attachment 165922
dont know if you ever seen the movie "walk hard" but the picture really makes me think of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my70GSX9nwE