Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > Quads , Sleds, bikes and Boats

Quads , Sleds, bikes and Boats Got a question or want to show off a new mod on your Quad, Snowmobile, bike or Boat? This is the place to go

Old 04-16-2013, 08:26 PM
Having Fun ......
Swollen Member

Truckstuff bad newbie
Saturday May 4, 2013 10am - 4pm Greater Vancouver Powersports and Can-am are having a ATV and SxS Demo day at Tamihi Rec Site. To register for the event, contact Shawn 604 888 8700 or Geordie 604 795 7800

https://www.facebook.com/dave.dave.5...0701579446187/

http://www.canamoffroad.com/ca/try-a-can-am

"Four Wheel Drive is Like a Condom. Better to Have It and Not Need It, Than Need It and Not Have It."
Old 04-17-2013, 02:08 PM
I got kicked and now have a
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabomber View Post
i dunno kootney i have seen doug bend his cherokee around trees
I would pay to see that Anytime he's in this part of the Kootenays we'll play follow the leader and I'm going first!
Old 04-17-2013, 02:12 PM
winter camping give me a
Swollen Member

Honky bad newbie
I’ve went in and looked at the 700 and there has been zero upgrades sine I bought mine in 2006. Having said that I can get a full loaded 700 for the same price as the stock can-am 1000
Old 04-17-2013, 02:13 PM
winter camping give me a
Swollen Member

Honky bad newbie
So far The Yamaha is winning. I am going to take the Can-am on the test run on May 05 It comes down to the type of trails I ride and I just don’t think the Can-am’s are as nimble.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:18 PM
My name goes well with a
Swollen Member

vajayjay Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by kootenaycat View Post
I would pay to see that Anytime he's in this part of the Kootenays we'll play follow the leader and I'm going first!
Not until my project is done,

I blew up my stroke so I got a bigger cummin
Old 04-17-2013, 02:25 PM
winter camping give me a
Swollen Member

Honky bad newbie
Oh also I have read a ton on the Can-am forums
http://www.can-amforum.com/

In a nutshell they all conclude that the Yamaha is a more reliable and nimble ATV. They go on to list and agree on a number of problems with the Can-am’s

But they also agree that you have to “pay to play”. It a race car of quads and as such it come with a set of problems and higher maintenance.

I’m still researching but so for you can’t beat the Yamaha for tight rock wet trails and you can’t beat the Can-am for open road longer distance riding.

Comes down to what you like to do with your quad…I like to beat mine up in the trees.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:30 PM
Gettin' out havin' fun

Little Samurai Good newbie
I didn't have one dealer recommend a 1000 when I was shopping for a new quad. They all admitted that the power combined with difficult terrain is pretty much tearing the machines apart in various ways. Can Am's 650 will out power pretty much any 700 in stock configuration and the 800's just plain haul ass in the open.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:20 PM
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honky View Post
Iíve went in and looked at the 700 and there has been zero upgrades sine I bought mine in 2006. Having said that I can get a full loaded 700 for the same price as the stock can-am 1000
Have you had any issues with your stator? 3 guys at work have had their stators burn out. Yamaha came through and paid part or all of the bill for new stator and new redesigned cover that is supposed to keep it cooler. Funny thing is their quads all had less then 5000km and my '07 is going to hit 10,000km this year and still on the original battery, stator and cover I'm thinking of changing the cover to the new design and put a new battery in, don't want to be left stranded 50km in the bush.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:43 PM

RIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond reputeRIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond reputeRIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond reputeRIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond reputeRIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond reputeRIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond reputeRIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond reputeRIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond reputeRIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond reputeRIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond reputeRIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond repute
we have the 2012 Kawasaki 750 fuel injected. Very. very happy with it. does awesome in the trails lots of power and I like the power steering. We had a 2011 arctic cat and that was just a piece of shit. broke down a few times in the trails. almost embarrassed to say we even owned one. we really like the kawaskis. didn't get it from maple ridge Kawasaki though. went to whole shot. gave us a way better trade in.
we also have kvf 650 carborated 2009. does not have the independent rear like the 2012 does. again very happy this machine. got mudlights on the 09 and we love those tires. both camo.
but looking into getting the black mombas or mambas for 2012 if they fit?
Old 04-20-2013, 11:24 AM
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
Couple buddies have Brutes and they've been super reliable, one is an '07 carbed and he's got over 15,000km nothing but oil changes and 2 belts. Other is a '12 snorkeled and clutch kit and it hauls ass plus power steering works great. Wish they had kept the pre-'12 front end on it, don't like the new look.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:47 PM
Mountain Man

Taxidermy bad newbie
At the end of Feb., I buy a 2013 Yamaha Grizzly 700 cc and I have been out riding 3 different days.

It has lots of power, good climbing up the trails, have to slow down on the slippery down hill trails, nice to have power steering and good on gas.

We have 2 older Arctic Cats (400 and 500) that are slower and hard to get through the deeper snow.

Yamaha Grizzly 700 is great!
Old 05-04-2013, 06:38 PM
Make your own-iEdit Title in 'User CP'
Swollen Member

Moondog bad newbie
I just got back from the Can-Am demo day up at Tamahi they had the full line up of Can-Am products for you to demo. I took out the 2013 Renegade X 1000cc and all I can say is WOW!!!!! All new frame now comes with a steel box tube frame so frame problems should be a thing of the past excellent rider position and it feels a lot narrower than my 700. It is very nimble almost like you are riding a dirt bike instead of a quad, excellent in the trails and every time you pin the throttle you cannot help to not smile Excellent sound from the v-twin as well. If I was not buying the Maverick Xrs I would be putting 2 of the Renegades into my stable.