Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > RC Room

RC Room All about the wacky world of RC “Remote Control” mini monster trucks

Old 08-15-2012, 11:29 PM
Prospect

89burban Good newbie
Talking Traxxas Slash.

Ok, so I got meself a used Slash. Came with new motor, ESC, and some other stuff. Was a little beat up overall though. I have since been through 2 spur gears, 2 front shock shafts, and some other minor stuff. But god damn is this thing fun. And fast. I'd like to find out exactly how fast it goes, but it's around 60mph when on a fresh motor and battery. Tons of power in the LiPo batteries. On gravel it shoots rocks up to 30ft. I'm gonna stay away from gravel now though, too many tiny rocks getting inside and messing with the gears and such. It's how I went through one of the spurs.

Anyone else running something similar? Running one myself is fun, but with another truck I think it would be funner.

Right now I have motor heat issues, but I'm gonna get a motor fan. Seems like I'm gonna be pouring money into this thing, and a lot of time as well fixing it up after I bash the hell out of it. Though the tinkering is part of the fun.

Got a couple videos, am gonna post them. Probably tomorrow.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:22 AM
iEdit Title in 'User CP'

crazybushcreature Good newbie
I had a 2wd slash. the thing was awesome. i upgraded a few parts including the rpm sealed spur gear cover. i was running a 76t spur gear with a 28t pinion. It reached speeds up around 70 mph. The thing flew. I had a castle sidewinder esc and a castle 4 pole 3800 kv motor. A ton of torque. Was fast. loved jumps and gettin air.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:49 PM
jamming in my
Swollen Member

procircuit Good newbie
bmx tracks ftw bud.. get a couple racing, fun as shit

id be down but i sold all my rc's... i do have a gymkhana fiesta tho!
Old 08-16-2012, 01:08 PM
Prospect

89burban Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybushcreature View Post
I had a 2wd slash. the thing was awesome. i upgraded a few parts including the rpm sealed spur gear cover. i was running a 76t spur gear with a 28t pinion. It reached speeds up around 70 mph. The thing flew. I had a castle sidewinder esc and a castle 4 pole 3800 kv motor. A ton of torque. Was fast. loved jumps and gettin air.

Nice.. do you still have it? That's the white one I see in the videos you posted? Mine's the 4wd version.

Gonna have a quick little video uploaded to youtube shortly. Just doing some donuts and spraying the girlfriend with rocks .

Will def be getting more videos, esp of the top speed runs. I need to find more places to take it. I'm gonna stay out of gravel, though it is so much fun.

As for BMX track, yea we have one here in Abby, but I want more of a flat track with smaller longer jumps. The track here has some crazy big jumps. The shock oil I'm using isn't as thick, not meant for jumps, more race track style. And I almost bought a drift car... but decided agianst it as it cant be used all the time and pretty much anywhere. Needs summer weather or indoor track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCVQtnpqD_E

Last edited by 89burban : 08-16-2012 at 01:27 PM.