Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > Quads , Sleds, bikes and Boats

Quads , Sleds, bikes and Boats Got a question or want to show off a new mod on your Quad, Snowmobile, bike or Boat? This is the place to go

Old 10-07-2009, 10:53 AM
Prospect

Crack Unknown Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by kootenaycat View Post
It's been mandatory for all motorized vehicles (except snowmobiles) to have third party liability on any forest road.

But did you know that if you're involved in an accident on a forestry road ICBC can automatically place 50/50 blame on both of you? Happened to a buddy of mine who was riding his dirtbike on an old road, minor collision with a SUV. The guy tried to blame my buddy and ICBC told him he was automatically 50% at fault because there is no highway divider (yellow line). Basically it's 2-way traffic on a single wide road so can't really say either one was on the wrong side.

Just get insurance so it covers your ass, that includes quad/bikes as well as the modded 4x4s which are trailered to the backcountry.
Totally true.... same thing happened to my buddy. Cept it was a guy going way to fast around a corner that hit my buddies jeep with his truck.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:54 PM
I got kicked and now have a
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcmaxx View Post
You really think we need it around here? I/ve been riding years all over and never had a problem, I dont know anyone that has liability insurance on their atv, dirtbike. I'll be pissed the day it happens! I'll have to register and pay the taxes on 8 g's. fockers
Been mandatory for a while to have liability insurance on bikes/quads on all forest roads. I figure the $75/year it cost me for $200,000 liability is way cheaper then the $520 fine you can get. There is no registration on ATV's at this time (coming soon though), so no worry about paying PST on them....yet.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:14 AM
Make your own-iEdit Title in 'User CP'
Swollen Member

Stetson bad newbie
Hey Kootenaycat! Miss your pictures and posts! where have they been
Old 10-08-2009, 07:42 PM
I got kicked and now have a
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stetson View Post
Hey Kootenaycat! Miss your pictures and posts! where have they been
Thanks! Been busy with home and shit and helping out buddies. Sad to say but only put 600km on the Grizzly this year, the poor quad is crying abuse! 6000km on it the first 2 years then nothing!

But the good news is I got on at Teck (Cominco) so once I start 4 & 4 (looking like dayshift too!) I'll have time to get out more.