Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Adventure B.C. > General outdoor Discussion

General outdoor Discussion For any outdoor adventure. Trail talk, camping, skiing, hiking, etc If itís outside and fun talk about it here.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:17 AM
Outback adventurer

dub Good newbie
to wire you new lights to your existing lights you are going to want to install a relay... if you look at the bottom of most relays you'll see 5 numbered pins there is going to be a 30, 85, 86, 87 and 87A. pin 30 is going to be your 12 volt supply wire that you'll need to hook up directly to power witha suggested fuse inline. pin 86 will go to ground. pin 85 will go to your factory fog light positive (you'll need to tap into your existing foglight wire harness) and pin 87 will go to your new fog lights. here is an example http://www.classictruckshop.com/club...h/foglites.htm but on the link where pin 85 is that's where you want to hook up to your factory fog light postive...Good luck Winston
Old 10-23-2008, 01:05 AM
My carbon print is the size of a crater
Swollen Member

dirka dave bad newbie
Sounds like something out of a textbook.....

Old 10-23-2008, 08:51 AM
Now I see what FIBC is about

Caribourob Unknown Newbie
When you install a relay it eliminates having to run a hot wire into the cab to control it. I run the wire for the ground terminal on the relay to the switches in the cab to activate the relays. This way, if there is a short in the wire going through the fire wall, the worst thing that can happen is that the lights come on. Granted, this will happen when a cop is coming the other way, but it "lessens" the chance of blowing fuses or causing fires. Also, using a relay lets you run the wires from the Battery, to the lights over a shorter distance than all the way into the cab and out again resulting in less voltage drop and the need for heavier wire.
Basically a relay is a remote controlled switch. Also, i use the park light circuit for the "hot" side of the switch terminal on the relay. This way if my park lights (dash lights, etc) are off, I KNOW the non highway legal lights are also off. I also tapped into the high bean circuit the same way so my front 100 watt-ers are controlled by the high beam switch. In BOTH cases, the draw on the stock electrical system is insignificant because it takes milli-amps to trigger the relay.
Hope this helps

Fishing the Caribou one lake at a time
Old 10-24-2008, 07:44 PM

sicle Good newbie
Thumbs up

so i just ran a new switch work great ill get pics up tommorw thanks for the input guys
Old 10-25-2008, 10:24 PM
Outback adventurer

dub Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirka dave View Post

nah dude it's all straight from the vault too bad the shit that i'm supposed to be remebering isn't getting in there
Old 10-25-2008, 10:34 PM
My carbon print is the size of a crater
Swollen Member

dirka dave bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub View Post
nah dude it's all straight from the vault too bad the shit that i'm supposed to be remebering isn't getting in there

Nio shit eh ?
Old 10-26-2008, 12:42 AM
it's 5' of
Swollen Member

D-Ass Good newbie
Quote:
dub Quote:
Originally Posted by dirka dave

no shit I can remember stuff from 20 years ago but I can't remember if I took a dump today.

O well may be I will remember that in another 20 years or so

Beat your children or i will beat you!