Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Adventure B.C. > General outdoor Discussion

General outdoor Discussion For any outdoor adventure. Trail talk, camping, skiing, hiking, etc If itís outside and fun talk about it here.

Old 09-11-2008, 10:27 AM
Not a Newbie

ryan77 Unknown Newbie
i didnt get a call.. guess i didnt win

but yeah hope anyone who gets scammed can get their money back
Old 09-11-2008, 10:38 AM
and his
Swollen Member

England bad newbie
What it is is hotels filling rooms you get free stay but pay yer flight
Old 09-11-2008, 11:02 AM
I think Honky has A funny
Swollen Member

Princess bad newbie
yup and it happens at every trade show like Tim said earlier. I got some odd number on my phone so i googled it and this is what i found

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-212-736-6919
Old 09-11-2008, 11:27 AM

RIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond reputeRIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond reputeRIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond reputeRIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond reputeRIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond reputeRIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond reputeRIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond reputeRIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond reputeRIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond reputeRIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond reputeRIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond repute
i giot another call because i entered 2 numbers. WOW. anyhow this guy gave a different story then the guy yesturday. apperently i can contact him at 800-203-9783 and his name is William Wolfsmith and then he howled like a wolf....
Old 09-11-2008, 11:43 AM
and his
Swollen Member

England bad newbie
FYI ..Some hotels do run this and its not a scam but they still want yer credit card now ... I had one in Vegas i could chk hotel website etc all legit but the flight cost was heavy
Old 09-11-2008, 12:15 PM
Swollen Member

Princess bad newbie
ya some are actually legit, they simply comp your hotel room and make you site through a multi hour presentation for a time share, but you have to pay for flight, taxes, etc..... not worth it in the end really
Old 09-11-2008, 01:30 PM
Normal people make good pets
Swollen Member

Candiass bad newbie
most of the time its a scam if you have to pay out any money for something you won.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:39 PM
Swollen Member

Princess bad newbie
So I sent the organizers of the event an email and this was the response i got, and very quickly too

Hello Trina,
Thank you for getting in touch with us. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your concern.
As trade show organizers, we sometimes run into difficulty with the integrity or credibility of vendors who attend our show. While we do endeavour to book in bone fied, legitimate businesses, we really do not have a great deal of control over their business and how they conduct it. We have no ability to monitor the business pracitices of each vendor.
With regard to these specific exhibitors, we had done some investigation prior to the show, to ensure that they were not, as you say, "scammers", because everyone is aware of this potential with these sorts of "enter to win" opportunities. The evidence we found was that, while there was a similar business that was being accused of fraudulent practice, there was no evidence that this particular group was. To the best of our knowledge at this time, people do genuinely get to take a cruise with this group. But yes, they do also charge for it and yes, everyone who enters, wins. This is sometimes upsetting for people and we agree that getting the ongoing calls is not pleasant. We don't, though, have real evidence that they are fraudulent. However, they do not have a good reputation and we have received several complaints. It is not our intention to work with this particular vendor in the future.
You may wish to contact your phone service provider and have their numbers blocked.
Thank you again for your comments and we do hope that this allays your concern.

Danielle Klooster
Business & Project Manager
Outbound Productions
www.outboundproductions.ca
T: 403.347.8630
F: 403.341-4414
E: danielle@outboundproductions.ca