Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Administration > Forum Support

Forum Support Post any suggestions or questions related to this site and forum updates/upgrades

Old 06-20-2006, 09:59 AM
winter camping give me a
Swollen Member

Honky bad newbie
Are you trying to sign up for an account using HOTMAIL????

I’m getting a couple e-mails a day from people that are trying to sign up to FIBC but are having trouble. All of the trouble are because you’re trying to sign up with your hotmail account.

We had many problems in the past with people signing up with hotmail because the site has to send you a conformation e-mail to activate your account but Hotmail puts those e-mails in your junk folder. We were getting flooded with people asking why it was taking so long to get the conformation e-mail so we thought the best thing to do was to not allow people to sign up with a hotmail account. Now we are getting a bunch of e-mails a day from people asking why they can not sign up to FIBC at all. I think the site says the e-mail is banned. This does not mean you are banned it just means Hotmail is banned because we are having nothing but trouble with it.

We currently have 127 people that are waiting to complete their account and the majority of these people are using hotmail

If you are already signed up with a hotmail account you will not be getting the e-mails from us for things like upcoming events, site e-mails from other people, or other information that you might find interesting. I would highly recommend that you change your e-mail address to another account. You can do this in your “user CP” found at the top left of the page.

If you still need help getting set up with an account please send me an e-mail to funinbc@shaw.ca

Thank you
Kevin aka HWA

Last edited by Honky : 06-20-2006 at 10:24 AM.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:34 PM
Manlier than a pirate

MetalMan bad newbie
Kev, my hotmail account has been mine for years, it would be a hassle to change it now..this obviously isn't an issue for me since I'm already signed up, but I'm sure there are other hotmail users who have had their accounts for ages and don't want the hassle of changing. I would think it would just be easier to warn them to begin with that it could wind up in their junk mail folder, and that they might have to get it out of there, rather than ban hotmail altogether. Maybe using big, bold letters, and good spelling...
Old 06-22-2006, 06:15 PM
Even with beadlocks I can blow beads

Big_Ern bad newbie
we've tried warning them , but no one reads the warning. Then they get mad at us and think we're ingoring them, when really the confirmation email gets sent to hotmail's shitty junk filter.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:18 PM

Big_Ern bad newbie
OK, I un-banned hotmail emails for all you whiners. Hopefully people can figure it out that the confirmation (and all other important emails from fibc) gets sent to their junkmail.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:24 PM
RIP CHILLIWACK....

HEAVY METAL bad newbie
no doubt... who doesnt check the junk mail.. thats where all the first time mail goes.. thannyou can ok.. stupid people yo
Old 06-22-2006, 06:32 PM

Big_Ern bad newbie
If Dean can figure it out, ANYONE can figure it out
Old 06-22-2006, 06:34 PM
Manlier than a pirate

MetalMan bad newbie
Stupid people are the issue, so make the warning really really huge, maybe in red, or have it do some sort of strobe thing...I know retards that are so computer illiterate that even that wouldn't do, but hey, that's life. There's going to be complaining one way or another, fix one complaint and POOF there's another.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:40 PM

Big_Ern bad newbie
Ya, I added another warning on the registration page in RED in addition to whats already on the main page. I think I'm gonna make it blink too
Old 01-04-2007, 05:30 PM
Not all who wander are lost.

Kinslayer Unknown Newbie
Mmmm. Blinking text on a webpage. Maybe put some spinning skulls around it and a waving Canadian flag...on a black background... Ahh the 90s.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:51 PM
Stop staring at my
Swollen Member

Location: Usually in a tent near; Davis lake, Stave Lake, Harrison,
FKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond repute
hmmmmm......my hotmail works.....allways did? am I missing something?
Old 07-01-2008, 08:41 PM
Manlier than a pirate

MetalMan bad newbie
Bahahahaha this is funny on so many levels
Old 08-31-2008, 10:56 AM
Manlier than a pirate

MetalMan bad newbie
Spambots really seem to like this thread