Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > RC Room

RC Room All about the wacky world of RC “Remote Control” mini monster trucks

Old 09-30-2007, 08:53 PM
RIP CHILLIWACK....

HEAVY METAL bad newbie
can nitro do this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUFnTavAL8Y
Old 09-30-2007, 09:10 PM
Stop staring at my
Swollen Member

Location: Usually in a tent near; Davis lake, Stave Lake, Harrison,
FKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond repute
I'm still trying to find any vids or pics of nitro crawlin....how does it do? all the nitro stuff i see looks like its designed to go fast jump and flip around but I dont know shit do many people do the slow speed crawlin with nitro? is there alot more work to nitro compared to electric....what are the pro's and cons of both?
Old 09-30-2007, 09:28 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

Ugly Unknown Newbie
ive only ever seen one video of nitro crawling,( and it was bashed on, bad ) the problem with nitro crawling is .. nitros Are meant to go fast, you will burn the clutch out trying to go slow. so nitros are pretty much track or bash, crawlers should be electric
Old 09-30-2007, 09:30 PM
Not a Newbie

Maelthra bad newbie
Nitro isn't as good for crawling because it has less throttle responce, and the clutches don't kick in until you get to a certain RPM. Electric, you can just pull the throttle and go instant and have full power.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:32 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

Ugly Unknown Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAVY METAL View Post
No but can an electric do this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLZRo621r3I
( House Jumping )
Old 09-30-2007, 09:44 PM
cornbinder on coils
Swollen Member

epic3 bad newbie
thats a baddass jump
Old 09-30-2007, 10:20 PM
Stop staring at my
Swollen Member

FKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly Truckling View Post
ive only ever seen one video of nitro crawling,( and it was bashed on, bad ) the problem with nitro crawling is .. nitros Are meant to go fast, you will burn the clutch out trying to go slow. so nitros are pretty much track or bash, crawlers should be electric
so what your sayin is......one of each
Old 10-01-2007, 08:24 AM
i told her she was fat, now i have a

Jroc bad newbie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt40fCutpmU
Old 10-01-2007, 08:30 AM
i told her she was fat, now i have a

Jroc bad newbie
with the electric tech heading the way it is the nitros will soon be obsolete
(but only if you have the money to do what this guy did!)
looks like about $2000+ in this truck
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPXvw...elated&search=
Old 10-01-2007, 05:12 PM
Stop staring at my
Swollen Member

ok.....last chance! I'm going to order my wheely king 4x4 rtr..... Is there something else I should look at first? the scorpion?....anyone get deals on any of this stuff? if i go with the scorpion , what electrics should i look for/ stay away from?....bla bla bla...

thanks
Old 10-01-2007, 06:49 PM
cornbinder on coils
Swollen Member

epic3 bad newbie
isnt the scorpion the 1/5 scale 2wd buggy they make
Old 10-01-2007, 08:55 PM
Stop staring at my
Swollen Member

nope...its a crawler...

http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/shop/ind...ced9db91cd8428
Old 10-08-2007, 01:02 PM
RIP CHILLIWACK....

HEAVY METAL bad newbie
picked up the wheely king 4x4. added some longer links, driveshafts, rotated link mount assembly, extended steering, took out coil spacers, replaced suspension pins with bolts,jb welded the diffs, clearenced the body, drilled more holes in the rims, grooved the tires. she works great now. waitin on my 96T spur , comes in wednesday. already have the 15T pinion. i'll have too take some pics.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:21 PM
Stop staring at my
Swollen Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAVY METAL View Post
picked up the wheely king 4x4. added some longer links, driveshafts, rotated link mount assembly, extended steering, took out coil spacers, replaced suspension pins with bolts,jb welded the diffs, clearenced the body, drilled more holes in the rims, grooved the tires. she works great now. waitin on my 96T spur , comes in wednesday. already have the 15T pinion. i'll have too take some pics.
what he said......but with lockers