Fun In B.C.

Fun In B.C. (http://www.funinbc.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Support (http://www.funinbc.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Are you trying to sign up for an account using HOTMAIL???? (http://www.funinbc.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66049)

Honky 06-20-2006 08:59 AM

Are you trying to sign up for an account using HOTMAIL????

I’m getting a couple e-mails a day from people that are trying to sign up to FIBC but are having trouble. All of the trouble are because you’re trying to sign up with your hotmail account.

We had many problems in the past with people signing up with hotmail because the site has to send you a conformation e-mail to activate your account but Hotmail puts those e-mails in your junk folder. We were getting flooded with people asking why it was taking so long to get the conformation e-mail so we thought the best thing to do was to not allow people to sign up with a hotmail account. Now we are getting a bunch of e-mails a day from people asking why they can not sign up to FIBC at all. I think the site says the e-mail is banned. This does not mean you are banned it just means Hotmail is banned because we are having nothing but trouble with it.

We currently have 127 people that are waiting to complete their account and the majority of these people are using hotmail

If you are already signed up with a hotmail account you will not be getting the e-mails from us for things like upcoming events, site e-mails from other people, or other information that you might find interesting. I would highly recommend that you change your e-mail address to another account. You can do this in your “user CP” found at the top left of the page.

If you still need help getting set up with an account please send me an e-mail to funinbc@shaw.ca

Thank you
Kevin aka HWA

MetalMan 06-22-2006 03:34 PM

Kev, my hotmail account has been mine for years, it would be a hassle to change it now..this obviously isn't an issue for me since I'm already signed up, but I'm sure there are other hotmail users who have had their accounts for ages and don't want the hassle of changing. I would think it would just be easier to warn them to begin with that it could wind up in their junk mail folder, and that they might have to get it out of there, rather than ban hotmail altogether. Maybe using big, bold letters, and good spelling... [f]

Big_Ern 06-22-2006 05:15 PM

we've tried warning them , but no one reads the warning. Then they get mad at us and think we're ingoring them, when really the confirmation email gets sent to hotmail's shitty junk filter.

Big_Ern 06-22-2006 05:18 PM

OK, I un-banned hotmail emails for all you whiners. Hopefully people can figure it out that the confirmation (and all other important emails from fibc) gets sent to their junkmail.

HEAVY METAL 06-22-2006 05:24 PM

no doubt... who doesnt check the junk mail.. thats where all the first time mail goes.. thannyou can ok.. stupid people yo

Big_Ern 06-22-2006 05:32 PM

If Dean can figure it out, ANYONE can figure it out[f]

MetalMan 06-22-2006 05:34 PM

Stupid people are the issue, so make the warning really really huge, maybe in red, or have it do some sort of strobe thing...I know retards that are so computer illiterate that even that wouldn't do, but hey, that's life. There's going to be complaining one way or another, fix one complaint and POOF there's another.

Big_Ern 06-22-2006 05:40 PM

Ya, I added another warning on the registration page in RED in addition to whats already on the main page. I think I'm gonna make it blink too :rolleyes:

Kinslayer 01-04-2007 04:30 PM

Mmmm. Blinking text on a webpage. Maybe put some spinning skulls around it and a waving Canadian flag...on a black background... Ahh the 90s.

FKN MRK 01-04-2007 04:51 PM

hmmmmm......my hotmail works.....allways did? am I missing something?

MetalMan 07-01-2008 07:41 PM

Bahahahaha this is funny on so many levels

MetalMan 08-31-2008 09:56 AM

Spambots really seem to like this thread