Fun In B.C.

Fun In B.C. (
-   Around the bonfire (
-   -   Tuktoyaktuk bucket list (

Honky 03-02-2018 11:42 AM

Tuktoyaktuk bucket list
This has been on our bucket list and it's time to check it off. some pretty serious Km will have to be traveled to get this done. Around 9000

We are in the planning stage and have the maps out. For those that have been to the north, up to and including the Yukon what are some highlights that you have been to. lakes, towns, views. We are giving Alaska a skip because I's rather have my gun and other things that can't cross the border.

Smrt or not we are taking out truck camper and 18' trailer for fishing and exploring the back roads with the sxs. Dropping the trailer in Dawson city then heading North on the Dempster.

From the Yukion up we plan on stopping at:

Canole road to Lapie lakes. Hoping to expoler the North canole road/trail over the ferry of Ross river

Mayo and Keno city

Bareburn lake for fishing and exploring the dog sled trails

Carcross desert

Atlin and surounding lakes

DIRTDIGGLER 03-02-2018 12:33 PM

wow nice trip get Bushwack to point the way [cheers]

Always broke 03-02-2018 12:36 PM

I agree talk to oldballs I’m sure he has been everywhere, but that sounds like a great trip.

Honky 03-02-2018 12:41 PM

I have. They have been a great help and their online story have us places to put on our list.

westcoaster 03-02-2018 02:30 PM

Take the trailer and boat. Launch the boat in the Arctic Ocean just to say you did....

If you do tow the trailer up the Dempster, take Double layer cardboard and cover the rear windows on the camper.
Consider doing the same for windows on the drivers side.

There is no place to replace a window up north.

I lost a rear window on the camper 30k up the Dempster because of a bounce off the trailer.
Couple of trucks heading down offered up cardboard and duct tape otherwise I'd have been screwed with a camper full of dust...

Headed in to Dawson and there was nothing to be found, not even plexiglass

My wife ended up in an art supply shop and bought a plastic cutting board (arts and crafts type) I fit that in the hole with gasket maker, cardboard and duct tape.
Kept the dust out for the entire trip.

Painters tape or electrical tape to tape up the rear door/hatches to keep the dust out.

doit 03-02-2018 08:02 PM

Stop at the sign post city(Watson lake ) put up a funinbc sign lol

Mudgirl 03-05-2018 05:41 PM

This is on my list too!!!!

Some day one day (unfortunately for me not for a few more years)

Lurker 03-08-2018 06:51 AM

What time of year are you going? Might be able to sneak in a 7B August moose hunt on your way back...

Honky 03-08-2018 02:00 PM

I have been looking at the regs. Taking the guns. We should have a good idea where to look on the way back and know of a good cutter in PG

lizard 03-10-2018 01:39 PM

i have been to the end of the road in NWT
DEPENDING on the time u go up the bugs are horrendous till about the end of july bring full bug gear or u wont be able to go outside , horseflys the size of fn birds
fishing is unreal , throw any thing in any creek u get a pike , flyrods are a blast