Fun In B.C.

Fun In B.C. (http://www.funinbc.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fundraising (http://www.funinbc.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   FIBC paypal donation link (http://www.funinbc.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117471)

Tinker Belle 12-03-2012 03:27 PM

FIBC paypal donation link

hi guys

As most of you know fibc is on need of funds, so here ya go.

Put your money where your mouth is kids, lets see how much we can make up in the next lets say 48 hours. Id challenge you to 24 hours but being that many people have no access yet we will do it for a little longer. After this 48 hours we will leave it open so if ya are ever feeling like throwing a little in the pot you can.

Please know that this is by donation only, give if you can but buy no means is anyone required to hand over their hard earned money. cheers

ill keep you posted on progess as we go

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=BXC9JTXNJEY22

redman 12-03-2012 04:27 PM

so before I go putting in my digits is this good to go ?

Tinker Belle 12-03-2012 04:44 PM

Link works just waiting on confirmation that the account is gtg and then yes. Ill let ya know when it's a all confirmed.

Tinker Belle 12-03-2012 05:01 PM

k good to go kids , the clock starts now :party0010: :party0010: :party0010: :party0010: :party0010: :party0010: :party0010: :party0010: :party0010: :party0010: :party0010: at 4:00

Chody 12-03-2012 05:21 PM

60$ to start ya off, all i can afford till payday.[cheers]

redman 12-03-2012 05:29 PM

ok just to one up chody I did $61

lets get a tally goin [5]

Tinker Belle 12-03-2012 05:36 PM

35 min and $115 dollars way to go guys [cheers]

longhorn 12-03-2012 05:43 PM

Whos getting the money I thought it went to Kevin?
Ive been saying for 2 years a Paypal link should be added.
I dont mind paying to be part of all you assholes.................lol
Ill up those guys and go $62

FKN MRK 12-03-2012 05:47 PM

[cheers] up up it goes!

Tinker 12-03-2012 05:47 PM

All funds, minus .30 cents per transaction back to PayPal, goes to FIBC. No food costs no funds out for stickers or hoodies, all funds straight to the sites bank account. ;)

Kevin has always been upfront about the sites monies. The PayPal also cuts out the need to meet up here or there and depending on others to pick up and drop off cash.

longhorn 12-03-2012 06:27 PM

My point was why the money wasn't going directly to Kevin , that's why I asked?

Tinker Belle 12-03-2012 06:39 PM

Ya that is whats happening the money goes into a paypal account and then when I hit a button it goes into FIBC 's bank account. The money will be used to keep the site up and running and if we get enough we can look at how to spend as a group. That way kevins money and FIBC money doesnt have to co-mingle. oh yeah

sorry if you mean why dont we skip paypal and give funds right to kevin that would be because the funds just would never show up. This gives a medium that supports the site and relieves some fiscal responsability from kevin for the site. Its just a way we can raise funds without kevin having to cover our asses personally to keep the site up.

Murd0c 12-03-2012 07:28 PM

I think he means why doesn't Kevin have control of the Paypal link I think?

Tinker Belle 12-03-2012 08:04 PM

Kevin does have control of both accounts. Fibc had a previously existing PayPal account I just am doing the leg work for making it available. Kevin is fully aware , he gave me the info to access the account. I'm just trying to help the site we all love using.

It's like if I were doing a sweater or hot dog drive without having any overhead to cover.
It seems to be working we are at 200 bucks already, great start.
Any questions feel free to ask me / or Kevin if you prefer. Either way the money is going into the site so donate donate donate. [cheers]

Chopstick 12-03-2012 11:00 PM

I don't have a PayPal thingy an or don't know how it works

C-Dog 12-03-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chopstick (Post 1681570)

Your Chinese computer stuff is second nature I'm sure u will figure it out grasshopper

Oh ya $80.00 up can I get a 85 can I get a 90 lol

Tinker Belle 12-03-2012 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chopstick (Post 1681570)

Don't need a PayPal account its super easy all you do is hit the link and follow instructions for people with no account lol.

Colin great minds think alike lol[cheers]

4skin 12-04-2012 12:06 AM

I don't use plastic

procircuit 12-04-2012 08:23 AM

all fine an dandy... wouldn't an organized fundraising event be better? then the people with cash could chip? im a cash person.

gavman 12-04-2012 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by procircuit (Post 1681584)
all fine an dandy... wouldn't an organized fundraising event be better? then the people with cash could chip? im a cash person.

Ok so organize something then, people will help, do it:roll eyes

longhorn 12-04-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by procircuit (Post 1681584)

Cash is fine but sometimes you have to find other ways of paying............
I say if you want to keep using this site you should be able to find a way to donate.

Im sure you dont pay for everything with cash /

Quit making excuse you people without Paypal, and get a mailing address or something.
Send a cheque or money order .

Dont wait until the "next fund raiser" it may never happen.

Tinker Belle 12-04-2012 09:19 AM

Fundraisers are great when they get organized , but not everyone can make it out to them. The site needs dollars regularly so having a kitty to pay for the forum is the goal. There have been some grate fundraiser that made some good cash in the past but I can think of ones that made no money for the site as well.

People have been asking for years for a PayPal option so her it is, with the challenge of how much can we make in 48 hours.

I haven't checked the total but so far we were at $280 with still lots if time.

Remember it's buy donation and its what you can give, every dollar counts.

If you are more comfortable and want to make a donation to keep the site active you can email funds to funinbc@shaw.ca.
Thank guys let's get this rolling again boobies2

4skin 12-04-2012 09:48 AM

I'm not making excuses I do pay everything cash
And don't have credit cards
So was just wondering how to donate now I know

Murd0c 12-04-2012 09:58 AM

next time you are at Kevins place donate [f]

FKN MRK 12-04-2012 10:04 AM

[cheers] no one is required to donate thru pay pal. There are plenty of other ways to contribute or donate... lets keep this thread on track. If you can't donate this way then don't. Its okay......find another way. Wait for the next fundraiser... buy a burger.. buy a hoodie.. or a sticker... no need to post up anything about why you can't donate here.... [cheers]

Fencepostxjay 12-04-2012 10:08 AM

I can't match what you guys are doing. , wishing I could But not a good month for me , But did what I could for now. [cheers]

This worked for me because I can't wait till fund raisers. Hamburgers/ hoodies. Because every time. I end up getting stuck so bad and missing all the goodies lol

Tinker Belle 12-04-2012 10:10 AM

Thanks jay there are lots that can't match some of these donations. Thank you all for your contributions and every dollar counts big and small.
Lets keep it rolling

Toyquad 12-04-2012 10:54 AM

$25 sent through paypal. would like to give more but times are tough this time of the year

Honky 12-04-2012 10:58 AM

This is a very positive thing!!!![36]

Please read this……..don’t skip over this…I know you wanna…;)

So many people put a lot of effort into keeping this site active and alive. Through organizing fundraisers and events to the people that come out and support. It takes people like you to help us make FIBC active, and to make it a fun place to socialize.

A special note of thanks goes out to Nick and Mandy who for the past few years has been our biggest fundraiser organizers and continues to come up with new idea’s!

One of the things that has always set us apart is that we have always been 100% non-profit. We have never had advertisement and we are accountable to no one other than ourselves. We keep an open accurate account of all money coming in and going out and it’s posted for review.

The basic cost to run FIBC a year is $700 and that is our goal to fundraise each year. Right now we are $170.00 in the hole before Pay Pal. Once again THANK YOU for your support through this newest Pay Pal fundraiser. You are making a difference!

Soon (in the next couple of weeks ) we will be setting up an open invite meeting where we will be talking about the direction of FIBC and brainstorming on how to make FIBC even better. We will be setting up a structure with chairs to be filled. Tinkerbelle has already stepped up and has now become our treasure…thank you Leah for that. I would like to be a full supporter, help maintain the site but take a couple of steps back so we can get some new energy and new idea’s.

This is a very exciting time for Funinbc!! We have a new website almost complete ( yes I know it’s been taking a while I can give an update on another post)We will be restructuring and moving forward with a new focus.

Best of all look for more events and cook outs and camp trips!

[cheers]

Lax Mum 12-04-2012 11:33 AM

I'm really new to this whole FIBC thing but I think it's a great site and seems to have a bunch of great people. I'm off work with a shoulder issue right now so 25.00 is all I can give, hope it helps

Tinker Belle 12-04-2012 12:52 PM

$495 BIG ONES GUYS WHOOP WHOOP

[cheers] Boobies2 Boobies2 Boobies2

DIRTDIGGLER 12-04-2012 01:37 PM

I'll pay cash next time I see you guys or give the the cash to Doug.

Bushwack 12-04-2012 02:15 PM

Only $50 but hope it helps!!

Chody 12-04-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinker Belle (Post 1681622)
$495 BIG ONES GUYS WHOOP WHOOP

[cheers] Boobies2 Boobies2 Boobies2

good to hear

procircuit 12-04-2012 03:01 PM

ill get some cash out next time i see someone who can deliver it to the right place... it may be a 100... it may be rolled up like a straw.. but money is money :)

Tinker Belle 12-04-2012 05:30 PM

Nicks hundred is up for auction starting bid $105

You can run it on your gums and see how good his cash is. oh yeah

Trailjunkie 12-04-2012 06:18 PM

good on yah Leah . way to step up girl.
now people do not feel that you have to report what youy donate or compete we all will do our part as we can. and we all will enjoy what this site does for each and every one of us.
Quote:

I can't match what you guys are doing. , wishing I could But not a good month for me , But did what I could for now. [cheers]
your a gooder guy man and all is appreciated. i will also do what i can afford to do.

Quote:

I'll pay cash next time I see you guys or give the the cash to Doug.
sure Darcy i will donate yours also. hes computer illiterate.lol

again good job Leah. your alright.......i guess.lol

Trailjunkie 12-04-2012 06:32 PM

and done

Tinker Belle 12-04-2012 07:11 PM

Still Rollin guys less then 24 hours on our 48 hour drive. Huge thank you we are over $500, that would be a amazing half way point oh yeah

Ill post the total at 4:20 tomorrow. :p

Trailjunkie 12-04-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Ill post the total at 4:20 tomorrow. :p
you'l be busy at 420 wont yah??