Fun In B.C.

Fun In B.C. (http://www.funinbc.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nissan chatter (http://www.funinbc.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   The new Pathfinder (http://www.funinbc.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110410)

Chody 05-09-2011 11:51 AM

The new Pathfinder

Fuck yeah![36] funny how being out of a truck for 2 years makes you excited for even a Nissan! The story is, a friend didn't want this anymore because of the problems it has, and the dealer wouldn't take a trade in on it.

The Good
Brand new 31x10.5 BFG all terrains
AR rims (need cleaning)
Airbags in back for towing
Paint in immac condition
drives perfect
power everything
5 speed

The Bad
Exhaust leak (will weld up this weekend)
needs air filter (dickface mech said running rich but didnt check the DIRTY ass filter)
Small leak at water pump seal( top up 2L every 750KM)

I love this thing, LOTS of ground clearence, great approach angles,short gears(what comes stock?) and decent looking. So far my only plans are a locker for the rear, this is my new daily so i need it somewhat econimical.

Zibi 05-09-2011 12:27 PM

Nice pathy

Check the exhaust manifolds. They are prone to cracking and could be causing your exhaust leak and perhaps why it is running rich.

They're a huge pain to change apparently as the studs have a tendency to break off in the block.

Chody 05-09-2011 12:36 PM

ahh that would be gay, defs sounds like manifold, and i cant even see them from up top. sofar the only thing i dont like is the lack of room underhood.

England 05-09-2011 02:54 PM

speak to Apathy ...he is the Pathy god here

'Balmer 05-09-2011 03:39 PM

lose your rear sway bar for added flex (it doesn't make it too bad on the road. If you want to lift it I might still have Jeep grand cherokee.560 coils for it and i've also got spacers that might work for the rear. You can crank your t-bars to lift the font but be carefull not to go to the limit with this as you'll likely just strip em out or fuck your b-joints.
Pathfinders are sloid rigs with the exception of the IFS and the auto needing a cooler lke Jeremy already mentioned on your other thread. Loks like you've got a 5-speed though, so that's a non-issue.
Check out NPORA if you're interested in othe mods and tips...

Chody 05-10-2011 08:16 AM

thanks man, but im not gonna be running bigger tires for a while, and I will defs take the swaybar out. seems like a solid, ill see what she can do may long:)

Taxidermy 05-10-2011 08:37 PM

What year is your Pathfinder?

Looks like it is in good condition. Pathfinders are lots of fun driving off-road. Good luck!.

Our 93 Pathfinder needs 6 new fuel injectors and maybe a re-built motor. It is will cost a lot of money to fix it up so for now it is just sitting in our backyard. I want to keep and think about finding a mechanic to teach me how to fix it up.

'Balmer 05-10-2011 09:35 PM

you can find good running motors for cheap in the valley they're $100 - $150. Check craig's and the wreckers (pick a part in the Wack is $100 I think). They're generally prety bulletproof engines so I'd say it's worth swapping in a cheap used one vs. rebuilding or doing extensive (and expensive) repairs. Just my 2c.

Chody 05-11-2011 08:10 AM

yeah, i dont plan on doing anything extensive, just timing belt and exhaust.

'Balmer 05-11-2011 09:33 AM

Ya, I figured... my last post was aimed at Taxi ; )

Chody 05-11-2011 09:40 AM

ahh, good call :P ive learned that whole motors are usually cheaper than random parts for my civic lol, 450 for injectors or 250 for a good running engine and all the bitties lol

'Balmer 05-11-2011 05:22 PM

Exactly; when I read that it needed injectors I figured it was worth mentioning an engine swap... way cheaper plus you get spare parts!

Maybe take a few pics and post a bit of a description of your timing belt re&re for the rest of us Pathfinder guys - we should all be running belts with less than 100,000kms on 'em...

Apathy 05-11-2011 05:51 PM

simple thing for reliablity and strenght.

go to the junk yard, find an old 2 door, take the lower links off of it, and replace yours with them.

When you see them, you will understand why.

us jb weld to fix the exhaust leek, its a nightmare to change studs.
(your generation shouldn't have the big stud problem, i think they fixed that around 92 or so.
If you really want to change the studs, order studs for a 300ZX twin turbo. do not get the stock ones for the pathyfinder.

Chody 05-12-2011 08:27 AM

lower links as in..... control arms?

'Balmer 05-12-2011 10:50 AM

Yeah he's talking rear lowers... I didn't know there was a difference... not that it will matter to me anymore since my lowers are now 36" long...