PDA

View Full Version : TJ sway bar end links

85_GMC_4x4
07-06-2009, 06:21 PM
I've got to replace a sway bar end link on the wife's 2002 TJ.

Is this a common problem with the newer TJ's? The jeep has less than 40,000KM on it, is bone stock, and has never been 4-wheeled.

Trying to decide if I should replace with OEM part, or look at upgrading to something better. It's the wife's jeep and she refuses to let me 4-wheel it, so off-road performance isn't important.

nbrowser
07-06-2009, 07:44 PM
Contact B at Jeap Thrills.....bet he's got better than OE replacement stuff handy.

brandonmillsap
02-17-2011, 12:47 AM
I've got to replace a sway bar link (http://www.car-stuff.com/swaybarlink.htm) on the wife's 2002 TJ.

Is this a common problem with the newer TJ's? The jeep has less than 40,000KM on it, is bone stock, and has never been 4-wheeled.

Trying to decide if I should replace with OEM part, or look at upgrading to something better. It's the wife's jeep and she refuses to let me 4-wheel it, so off-road performance isn't important.

I think it is a common problem with the newer TJ's. I suggest you make a replacement. Go ahead try nbrowser's suggestion, or you can check fantastic sites such as pelican parts. Hope this helps!