07-04-2009, 02:44 PM
Gee thanks for that.

UU
07-04-2009, 03:36 PM
:dontknow: I guess they couldn't make it to the top of the rock

kootenaycat
07-04-2009, 04:17 PM
:dontknow: I guess they couldn't make it to the top of the rock

If you knew where this was you might be impressed. It used to be a decent ride on the quads into the club cabin, last truck I saw make it there didn't make it out on it's own power! Gienger! :D

How's the trail up Spanky? Did you attempt the trip up to the airport from there? Was a little skinny for anything bigger then a quad last time I was up there. Not sure how impressed the club admin would be, but at least it's not doable in a stocker.

bcmaxx
07-05-2009, 07:10 PM
trail in wanst bad,a little snotty, dumb ass brother xploded a ujoint up there,kinda took up our time to fix it. You'd might be a tard to try and get a stocker up there!

Zibi
07-05-2009, 07:13 PM
where exactly is that?

My grampa used to be the president of the Creston Valey Quad Squad... some of those guys are pretty anal about quad trails. I couldn't believe the politics involved in the Quads BC or whatever its called. Bunch of old people with too much time on their hands....

bcmaxx
07-05-2009, 08:14 PM
where exactly is that?

My grampa used to be the president of the Creston Valey Quad Squad... some of those guys are pretty anal about quad trails. I couldn't believe the politics involved in the Quads BC or whatever its called. Bunch of old people with too much time on their hands....

Its a managed sled trail in the kootenays, As far as i see it There isnt a problem with us using their trails in the off season. We are respectful non-littering type people, we only use trails already established and stay out of the alpine bog stuff. That being said there is a lot of abusers out there that will end up screwing it for us. I have come across way to many sweet cabins that have been trashed by "kids" its really sad and angering to see.

Honky
07-05-2009, 08:18 PM
do the quad guys own the trail? to bad for them...if trucks can make it up there they will just have to suck it up

kootenaycat
07-05-2009, 08:24 PM
do the quad guys own the trail? to bad for them...if trucks can make it up there they will just have to suck it up

Not quads, crown land that is a snowmobile tenure (local club). Years ago a guy broke his stocker trying to get out of there, burnt up a winch and left the truck there. Eventually the local club "persuaded" him to get it out of there on his own. :D

Guess it left a bad taste in the mouth of many snowmobilers.

Forestry was going to regulate the area after that but I think they realized they had better things to do with their limited resources.

Zibi
07-05-2009, 08:25 PM
mmm the sled thing causes a lot of problems...

My uncle is very involved in the Creston snowmobile club and it was fun listening to his side compared to my grampa with the quad squad.

I know the sled clubs have access to a lot of terrain that quads aren't allowed to access because they think that quads cause too much ecological damage while sleds don't cause any.

I know that up the west side of kootenay lake theres a ton of land owned by one of the big loggin companies...black something? It's been over a year since I've been up there now so I forget.

Anyway the sled club had complete access to it but quads weren't allowed on it at all and it makes up a lot of the local terrain around there. If the sled club found out quadders, let alone 4x4s were up there they'd get themselves in a tizzy...

too much political bullshit.

Honky
07-05-2009, 08:33 PM

I agree 100% with that

kootenaycat
07-06-2009, 11:13 PM
I know that up the west side of kootenay lake theres a ton of land owned by one of the big loggin companies...black something? It's been over a year since I've been up there now so I forget.

Anyway the sled club had complete access to it but quads weren't allowed on it at all and it makes up a lot of the local terrain around there. If the sled club found out quadders, let alone 4x4s were up there they'd get themselves in a tizzy...

Too much for sure. And it's Darkwoods you are talking about. They just sold the property to the Nature Conservancy of Canada. And it's a good thing I've never quadded in there. :rolleyes: :D