regulate34
06-27-2009, 10:31 PM
i got my 4.9l f-150
and in 2 weeks the belt has come off
once was when i turned around on a dirt road
and punched it
but the belt was on the ground before my tire marks
put it back on and drove home
then about 4 days later some firends called me because they we stuck in stokes pit
i go pull them out and pop she is off once again
and once again she didnt break

the belt looks new
and no pulleys are out of wack that i can see
the tensioner is tight and working
the belt tracks good
it dose have a eletric fan in it ( dont know if that would make a differance)

anyone got a idea as to what it could be?

mus-Tard
06-27-2009, 11:26 PM
make sure it is the right belt and grab each pulley and give them all a wiggle. finaly make sure that there is the proper tention.

surreysinner
06-28-2009, 12:19 AM
I just had a belt problem too and it turned out a lower vacumm pump pulley was bent didnt even notice it.

regulate34
06-28-2009, 11:12 AM
ok thanks guys ill look into it further today
and see what i can find

Foes
06-28-2009, 11:38 AM
i had the same problem with the same truck and motor, i replaced the tensioner even though the old one seemed fine, and it fixed the problem. although, one of your pullies might be tweeked out of place just a hair

regulate34
06-29-2009, 07:45 AM
yeah now that i look at it the crank pully might be out a cunt hair
how much is one new to replace it?

surreysinner
06-29-2009, 08:51 AM
The new pulley i just bought was $50

epic3
06-29-2009, 05:41 PM
is it possible one of the pulleys or acc are having bearing issues?
If a pulley or accessory seizes up even temporarily it could toss the belt with little to no other warning

brandonmillsap
03-11-2011, 10:37 PM
Forgive me for the threads ups. Don't care if you call me a thread bumping master or a spammer in short. Just need to raise this query for my ranger.Got a problem of going through belt after belt and I need to know what to do.. I only have a hair of a clearance from the alternator to the idler pulley...which is causing the belt to burn and start to shred. what should I do? None of the pulley seem out of line? Once i overcome this issue, i promoised to replace the serpentine belt.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS78lWyxtkyhOhoZJGI3eRAAFu_LgkRp 9Jo0P4wKe3S-XdlO1YjVw
How to replace a serpentine belt (http://www.automd.com/46/how-to-replace-a-serpentine-belt/)?

mus-Tard
03-11-2011, 11:25 PM
if the belts are burning up it means its too tight or one or more pully is out of line.