PDA

View Full Version : Tranny acting up Help!

Gaybait
05-25-2009, 05:15 PM
Dads got a 98 Jeep Cherokee Sport Automatic

His tranny has been acting up for about 3 months now, clunks when u put it into drive put if u go from P to 3 or 2-1 then it doesnt clunk and its fine. But today he called me and said he put it into "D" and something POPPED and his check engine light came on and the tranny wouldnt engage. But if he would put it into park put it straight down into 3rd and shift back up to "D" drive would work again. But there wasent much power, it wouldnt get any power under load but would still shift.

Anyone have any suggestions what it could be. He priced out a Tranny at jeep thrills a couple weeks back and they told him that the trannys never blow in his jeep and not to bother with it, that it would be something else. But hes ready to just go buy a used one and have me throw it in..

So any advice is greatly appreciate, B, Nutbar?

Thanks guys:dontknow:

Ironman
05-25-2009, 06:57 PM
sell it

poostang
05-25-2009, 06:59 PM
key it

Gaybait
05-25-2009, 07:38 PM
haha i hooked up my code reader and its definitley somethin electronic.. hmm

MikeWild
05-25-2009, 09:33 PM
He priced out a Tranny at jeep thrills a couple weeks back and they told him that the trannys never blow in his jeep and not to bother with it, that it would be something else. But hes ready to just go buy a used one and have me throw it in..

yeah that sounds about right, you can do a waaaay much better job than the advice they gave you at JT[16]

Trooper
05-25-2009, 10:26 PM
you tested the T.C. on it? whats the stall at, in forward and reverse now?

Gaybait
05-26-2009, 06:03 PM
you tested the T.C. on it? whats the stall at, in forward and reverse now?

wawawa?

ur talking to aguy with the mind of a 2 yr old.

plugged in the code reader and its throwing a electronic code, forgot what it is, but its throwing a code for the tranny brain or something.

still loooking into it

ROBO
05-27-2009, 09:10 PM
bring it buy my shop we will have a looksee

Gaybait
06-01-2009, 06:25 PM
bring it buy my shop we will have a looksee

turned out it was the trannys brain, i replaced it and its working fine again... tumbleweed.. Was odd that it "popped" when the computer / brain of the tranny went ( forgot its proper terminology )