PDA

View Full Version : **NEW PICS ***Mehatl Falls (Nahatlatch ) Sorry for the lateness

Lieutenant Johnson
05-21-2009, 05:09 PM
Finally drove as far as the road went, and hiked another 4km up the mountain and found MEHATL Falls.

I really thought that these infamous falls would not be reachable , but let me tell you....what a hike and what a great set of hidden Falls.

While hiking to the falls ,we past beautiful scenery after scenery, passed three log cabins in the middle of the forest( obviously being built by trappers...or people like us) and we also passed a great beach and fish spot , where lower Mehatl Creek and Nahatlatch river meets.

Finally some photos of the falls, Nahatlatch area and the way up!

Follow Link for video of Mehatl Falls:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx1_v-NUuxM

Follow Link for video of Grizzly Falls:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oscNf57GQzs

bforce
05-21-2009, 07:30 PM
def gonna have to go there, heading out tomorrow morning for the weekend [36]

Lieutenant Johnson
05-21-2009, 08:01 PM
def gonna have to go there, heading out tomorrow morning for the weekend [36]

Yeah if you need any directions of any sort just send a message to me!

If you Search Nahatlatch on here , you can see my photos from last year up there.

Troy
05-22-2009, 01:00 AM
did u go up harrison east or take the highway to boston bar and then go in?

Lieutenant Johnson
05-22-2009, 01:00 PM
went up Boston Bar way.. was a little afraid there was snow up the Pass. My two buddies had 2wd so did not want to risk it. Would love to do that route, planning mid June...if you go let me know!

blower
05-22-2009, 04:37 PM
Finally drove as far as the road went, and hiked another 4km up the mountain and found MEHATL Falls.

I really thought that these infamous falls would not be reachable , but let me tell you....what a hike and what a great set of hidden Falls.

While hiking to the falls ,we past beautiful scenery after scenery, passed three log cabins in the middle of the forest( obviously being built by trappers...or people like us) and we also passed a great beach and fish spot , where lower Mehatl Creek and Nahatlatch river meets.

Pics to follow tonight , but do have a video of the upper falls. Follow Link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx1_v-NUuxM

20 or so years ago,we use to camp at the old cabin,use to be able to drive to the cabin then hike up to the falls,then the beaver flooded the road,couldn't get to the cabin unless you hiked.big dollies in the pools by the cabin,great fishing.how far can you get up that little road just before the bridge off the main road leading up to the falls.always wanted to go back there.beautiful area.thanks for the vid of the falls.

Lieutenant Johnson
05-23-2009, 04:42 PM
20 or so years ago,we use to camp at the old cabin,use to be able to drive to the cabin then hike up to the falls,then the beaver flooded the road,couldn't get to the cabin unless you hiked.big dollies in the pools by the cabin,great fishing.how far can you get up that little road just before the bridge off the main road leading up to the falls.always wanted to go back there.beautiful area.thanks for the vid of the falls.

From the Log sort (by the bridge ) we took the overgrown trail about 1.5km, truck getting thwacked from all the brush , til we met with a Lake (must flood in the spring) , then we had to walk around this Lake and the road continued for about 1.5km and we then met a huge boulder field and a walking trail continued on for about 3km .. what a hike!!

I wish that lake was was not there, cause I could drive all the way to Lower Mehatl creek where the foot trail starts...will post the pics tonight where we got stopped driving.

Landlover
05-23-2009, 07:59 PM
That video looks like it was worth the hike

Lieutenant Johnson
05-26-2009, 02:32 PM
Unreal Hike .. will post all photos tonight.. for sure!!

caveman
05-27-2009, 10:38 AM
nice video, have not been up that way for years.