PDA

View Full Version : New boots for the 'Finder

'Balmer
05-19-2009, 10:14 AM
Got some 33" TSL's this weekend! Now I'm very broke.
I had to hog out the front pretty heavily to aviod contact...cut up one tire a bit learning just how much had to be trimmed:mad0217: .

I tried to put some spacers in the rear but they were too small so I'm going with Gand Cherokee springs when I can get 'em. I need to add extended bumpstops to both the front and the rear, as it is the tires stuff up in the fenders hard enough to completely stop the vehicle! Any one know where to get aftermarket bumpstops? Are there adjustable ones?

Before

Tires on - body stock

Trimmed

Testing

Back home resting

Thanks for all the help Gordo!!!

Apathy
05-19-2009, 10:47 AM
looks good, except you sooo limited on up travel, you should be able tostuff that rear tire no prolems. maybe get some narrower rims/ wheels?

'Balmer
05-19-2009, 11:02 AM
I went with wide rims so I can fit 37's on them after i do my SAS. They actually do fit right up into the fenderwell if you look closely. I've trimmed the rears right up to the flat inner fenderwell so that's what's stopping the uptravel. that's why I want to lift it a couple of inches. I thought about a body lift so I'd gain uptravel front and rear but I'm hesitant cause I'm broke and i think i'll have to extend a ton of lines and electrical which i'd love to avoid.

Apathy
05-19-2009, 11:12 AM
you don't have to extend anything.
the only thing that is an issue is the hard lines in the engine bay.
BUT, they are all coiled up, you can stretch the coils a bit and DONE.

you MAY have to bed your t case shifter or notch the floor. Ive heard of people having issues but i did not.
37's on the nissan rear end.. Your pushing it.

'Balmer
05-19-2009, 11:37 AM
Guess I'll save for the body lift - they're only available in 3" right?

Apathy
05-19-2009, 11:38 AM
3 inch and 2 inch.

check out JCwhitney.com