PDA

View Full Version : stereo install help!!

radman
05-07-2009, 12:37 PM
im puting a head unit in my friends 94 pathfinder with this :confused0006:
"active speaker system" im hopeing there is a way to hook into the original harness, or do i have to re wire all the speakers? i tried pluging in different speaker leads but i dont want to screw stuff up.
thanks.

'Balmer
05-07-2009, 12:58 PM
I can't see how you'd screw things up. Just hook up one speaker wire from the deck, one at a time, to each available set of wires going to the speakers to determin which speaker is powered by which wires. Then hook up the deck wires accordingly. Or maybe I'm missing something.

nbrowser
05-07-2009, 05:24 PM
Some stock systems have amps in the system, can really screw you when you go to put in an aftermarket deck.....and a lot of them need to be bypassed to get sound........I'll do some diggin about the Nissan system......

MikeWild
05-07-2009, 05:28 PM
Should just take it to Phil so that it's done properly. I think he may even still have some Louis Vuitton fabric laying around!

radman
05-07-2009, 06:30 PM
apparently if i buy the harness adaptor, it has a spot to hook up power to the factory amp. ill find out next week...

epic3
05-07-2009, 06:41 PM
the factory amp is a football shaped aluminum piece just behind and slightly lower then the deck it will have clarion written on it.
You can unplug that and get a regular nissan adapter harness and run withot the factory amp

Zibi
05-07-2009, 11:25 PM
pathys have two factory amps as far as I know, one is behind the head unit, the other is in the back driver quarter in front of the taillights.

crazylike
05-08-2009, 09:13 AM
buy a harness for the vehicle and the car deck then just plug the harness in hook the deck to the harness and call it a day. you cannot just start cutting wires and hooking shit up in these newer vehicles some them wire will have to do with your safety system computer reporting issues and some could be for normal operation and if they not hooked up proper then you will cause more harm then good and the repairs after can end up costing you more then you are willing to put out when you have torewire the whole truck just do it right and go by a harness cost ya about 25 or 30 bucks and saves ya a whole lotta trouble

daver123
07-17-2009, 01:37 AM
I have done alot of stereo stuff especially on '95 pathys. if you want to use the factor amps just get a wiring harness. If you plan to install aftermarket speakers same deal just use the existing wiring and get a wiring harness. If you want to really put some juice into the old girl and put in an aftermarket amp you got to do away with everything stock or your wasting your time and money. The old wiring and old speakers will never handle it. Running new wires isn't that hard in the long run if you want your system to sound great.

Jeenyus
09-04-2009, 11:49 PM
i'd go for full replace