PDA

View Full Version : West Harrison to Sloquet Hot springs

timbo
04-23-2009, 10:54 PM
Has anybody reached Port Douglas or even made it to the springs in the last while? Just wondering how low the snow line is around the lake.:mad0217: :mad0217: :mad0217: :dontknow:

BrokenToy
04-23-2009, 11:24 PM
snow still bad. haven't been up there myself recently but buddies couldn't make it couple of weeks ago

Happypants
04-24-2009, 12:12 AM
Nice intro.....

Chopstick
04-24-2009, 02:14 AM
i went up to sloquet from pemberton and the roads were bare

timbo
04-24-2009, 07:45 AM
Thanks for the response. AND HELLO TO EVERYONE. Ive been wanting to join for some time now, and finally did. Look forward to meeting and maybe riding with some of you. Broken toy, hopfully this warmer weather will speed up the snow melt. How far did your buddys make it? Mystery Creek?

Meeshies
04-24-2009, 08:20 AM
Failure...

What do you drive?

:welcome: i guess...

Evan the Blue
04-24-2009, 08:23 AM
As said by Heep the west road up the lake still has snow on it ( I measured 8" last week @ Tretheway Crk.) but it is melting fast. The road is clear and graded down from Pemberton. But be careful from 72Km and on as the loggers are starting up again and Peter Kewit has a big camp up there w/ a few hundred guys so there is a lot of traffic .... if you have a CB call your clicks. (chnl. posted @ the trail head) GL.

Taxidermy
04-24-2009, 10:07 AM
:welcome:

timbo
04-24-2009, 05:52 PM
Evan the Blue, which way did you come in to hit Tretheway Crk? cause thats near the North end of the lake near Port Douglas. Did you take a look up Mystery Crk on route to Chehalis?

Evan the Blue
04-25-2009, 12:39 AM
Im coming from the north side and I broke tracks to get to Tretheway so there hasn't been anyone up there via the west-lake rd from the south yet

timbo
04-25-2009, 06:35 AM
Cool thanks, leaving right now. Ill have a trip report for you Sunday.

LuckyBains
04-25-2009, 11:08 AM
I don't know about that intro.
Anyway:welcome:

timbo
04-27-2009, 08:00 AM
Hello again. Sorry about "THE INTRO". To all that were offended, my deapest appology. Allow me to make it up to you with a trip report. Headed up to West Harrison FSR. Saturday morning with the wife. As mentioned earlyer in this forum, there was a good 50-60 vehicals w/ trailors. We proceeded up the road seeing the occational atv and truck, but most of the traffic seemed to have gone down Hale Creek. The road is now 98% clear of all snow heading up to Slouquet Springs. The tubs were great( VERY HOT) and not all that busy. After about an hour the camp ground filled up with a large number of atvs, dirt bikes etc, but they all were just up for a look. It was a great day to be out. Saw beer, grouse, deer, drunks, what more could you ask for. The section of road leading to Port Douglas was in the worst shape Ive ever seen it. Still passable , but slow going, even on an ATV. Cant wait to go again.

Sini
04-27-2009, 10:50 AM
As mentioned earlyer in this forum, there was a good 50-60 vehicals w/ trailors. We proceeded up the road seeing the occational atv and truck, but most of the traffic seemed to have gone down Hale Creek.

Dude, I have no idea how far away you were from Hale Creek but if you'd gone down there you could've met a ton of the full members from this site :D they were camping down there this weekend.

[cheers] Welcome to the site, look forward to meeting you & wheelin' with ya.

Happypants
04-27-2009, 11:56 AM
im still waiting for pics :D

timbo
04-28-2009, 09:28 PM
Had the best quad trip ever. If I had known people from this site were down at Hale, I would have come down for a visit for sure. We were so excited to see just how far we were going to get to the springs . With all the talk of snow, we were wanting to attempt the trip we had in mind first. Hope everyone else had as good of a time as we did. Look forward to meeting some of you on our next ride. whitetrashxj, when I figure out how to post pics , youll be the first to know. Landscaping keeps me in the dirt and off the computer. cheers.

Evan the Blue
04-28-2009, 09:41 PM
Well i just got back from hanging in the tubs ... 104-106 Deg F. tonight ... very nice. As for that group of quaders, one of them drove off the road and did a header into a log, we ended up using the chopper from camp here to get him out .... warning to all .... be careful on the remote roads ... buddy was luck we were so close

And Timbo i think what we r looking for is an into to yourself ... ie ... who r u? where u from? what do you drive? hobbies? etc.... Pics of said things would help too

Cheers