PDA

View Full Version : hey jeep guys.... no spark?

offroadordrift
04-16-2009, 05:03 PM
its a 86 cherokee with a 2.5L

a while ago i started up my jeep and it was running fine, i went in the house for a min then came out and as i was walking towards it.. the jeep shut itself off... when i turned the key.. nothing. there was no power to anything except the lights.i looked under the dash and there was some smoke but no wires are melted and the fuses were all good

so i said fuck it and let it sit, then i bought a new motor cause the old one sucked anyways, i swapped it and hooked everything up, except now there is power to the starter so when i turn the key it spins the motor but it still isnt getting any spark to the distributor, and the furl pump stay on after the key is switched to the off positionm so i keep the battery disconected.

i bought some ' switch commutateur interruptor ' form lordco because apparently if that goes it will fuck up everything. but before i put it in i wanted to see what the jeep guys say. all help and info is apppreciated

xtremeyj
04-16-2009, 05:53 PM
well if ya got shit that stays on after the key is turned off I would say you got a short somewhere, the smoke would have told me that you got wires that got to hot and melted the plastic insulation and now some wires are touching that shouldnt be. Good recipe for a fire if ya ask me

offroadordrift
04-16-2009, 06:01 PM
well if ya got shit that stays on after the key is turned off I would say you got a short somewhere, the smoke would have told me that you got wires that got to hot and melted the plastic insulation and now some wires are touching that shouldnt be. Good recipe for a fire if ya ask me

its insured :p

Happypants
04-29-2009, 12:44 PM
get rid of that pos and start over on another one, jeep electrical problems are a problem, once u have one, thats it your gonna be chasing wires forever,

JACKNIFE
04-29-2009, 12:57 PM
i had a similar problem with my yj. the main pos. wire going into the fuse box had some kind of ussue. it would turn over but not start and the lights would come on when the switch was off, replaced that wire and things worked great.

or a immobilizer, had issues with those as well.

good luck

dirka dave
04-29-2009, 01:39 PM
Maybe someone stole your battery ??

aarong
03-03-2010, 12:29 AM
Maybe someone stole your battery ??
LOL

xj-jamie
03-03-2010, 07:40 AM
Another option is just taking it to mr sparks if they are just chasing a short it shouldt take them long

xj-jamie
03-03-2010, 07:43 AM
get rid of that pos and start over on another one, jeep electrical problems are a problem, once u have one, thats it your gonna be chasing wires forever,

You just want another parts jeep don't you??[cheers]

MacGyver
03-03-2010, 08:17 PM
Check the fusebile links,they are usually the first thing to short out.:)