PDA

View Full Version : 1990 22r?

Spedley
04-09-2009, 08:32 PM
Was out on the hunt for my next truck today.... Forgot the camera... oops.:dontknow:

Aaaaaanyways, I went to look at a 1990 Toyota ext cab 2wd pickup. Not the greatest condition, but not bad, has what I want and will be dragging it home in a couple weeks. When I popped the hood, I was greeted with a round aircleaner and a carb underneath. I looked on the valve cover and it said 22r as well. I asked the wrecking yard owner WTF?? it has a transplanted engine, but he says it was an option till 91 or so...:confused0006: Anyone know about this? All the smog equip was there and intact, and the emissions sticker on the bottom of the hood which looked awful original had a carburetor on it.

I told the owner I wanted efi for it, and asked if he had all the parts to convert... He has everything to do it, but claims to run Bosch fuel injection from a rabbit on his 22re intake with fantastic success. Anyone play with this ever?:dontknow:

Toyquad
04-10-2009, 08:32 AM
carb'd engines were an option. usualy on plain models, bench seat, no tach etc.

The block and head are identical to a "22re"

I'd run stock efi, I've never had any problems with it.

Spedley
04-10-2009, 10:31 AM
The reason behind the bosch FI is theres only 1 wire to hook up. Its easily adjustable, and its pretty cheap.

I agree to using the stock electronics and all if its there, but if its possible to get this Bosch setup to work cheap, simple and reliably, why not?

I guess IF is the key word here....

yoda thrills
04-10-2009, 01:25 PM
get a small block

bakelite
04-10-2009, 01:49 PM
Bosch fuel injection from a rabbit

Hey if you find more info on this I would sure like to know. I searched a bit but dial up eh. [cheers]

Spedley
04-10-2009, 02:39 PM
get a small block

Bah.... Small Block? Ford maaaaaaaybe.... I don't want all that weight up front tho, and would rather stick with a Toyota engine.

Bosch fuel injection from a rabbit

Hey if you find more info on this I would sure like to know. I searched a bit but dial up eh. [cheers]

I've been lookin on pirate and had some success. Will keep this up to date and let you know of my findings.[36] [36]

bakelite
04-10-2009, 04:55 PM
Cool, thanks. [cheers]

SupraFiend
06-17-2009, 11:59 PM
Hey I've got a COMPLETE and then some 22re swap kit from a Celica GTS for sale right now. Pics near the bottom, PM if interested...

http://www.pbase.com/suprafiend/celica_ra65