PDA

View Full Version : HID kits

Steev
04-09-2009, 07:10 PM
Just looking for a rundown on HID conversion kits for my F250.

I was thinking of a way to avoid making my truck look like a baja racer but still get extra lighting. I was looking at HID kits on ebay but I can't tell if they are good or cheap crap.

Anyone out there to point me in the right direction?

kootenaycat
04-10-2009, 12:39 AM
I started looking into them for my Ram but their a lot of money. Would be a nice upgrade for the lighting though, the stockers really suck.

Rye Guy
04-10-2009, 02:54 AM
I have HID conversion kits for all bulb types, Slim Bosch digital ballasts w/bulbs with harnesses. Plug and play with most vehicle models. waterproof.
1 year warranty on BALLASTS and BULBS.
Xenon low beam only - $198 until June 1st '09(reg $220)
Bi-Xenon (Hi & Lo beam, vehicles w/ single bulb) Now Available

mus-Tard
04-10-2009, 12:56 PM
l heard the ballasts like to pop if you are bouncing around too much. might want to check into that

Trooper
04-10-2009, 01:11 PM
Good balasts last a long time. I Would upgrade to projectors and put HIDs in. Only way you wont be blinding poeple. I used escalade projectors on my cruiser. Im working on a LED head light assembly from a new A6. LED is way way easier no balast. Go to scrap yards and just pull the bulbs balasts and projector assembly and retrofit them. IF you can find any 09 audis, porsches or escalades they all use LED head lights now.

Josh_M
04-11-2009, 02:01 AM
If your gonna go HID, do it right. Don't buy single beam shit. Go dual beam, with HID high and HID low beam. Im running HID HIGH/LOWs in my truck, and they work amazingly and are extremely bright, however other drivers HATE me. Regardless, the combination of my HID's and vision x's mean i can see as far as i want and then some. I got my 9004 dual beam kit for $170, 100% plug and play. Put power wire to (+) battery terminal, run two grounds to existing grounds, plug in one headlight clip, mount ballasts, plug in bulbs, and go. My front wheels come off the ground almost once a week, and my truck does go through a lot of torture and they've still held up ! If you want i can get you the number of the guy who i bought mine from

bocephusjr
04-11-2009, 03:19 AM
anyone no if you can get kits for the vehicles with sealed beam headlights such as my 1977 chev?

epic3
04-11-2009, 11:35 AM
you get H4 convertion lenses

spitty
04-11-2009, 11:48 AM
anyone no if you can get kits for the vehicles with sealed beam headlights such as my 1977 chev?
yes, bosch makes a conversion kit

spitty
04-11-2009, 11:49 AM
i bought the conversion lense kit thinger off of ebay, then ordered bulbs balasts etc through a friend

Tunabomber
04-11-2009, 12:53 PM
yes, bosch makes a conversion kit

pay the extra cash and get the hella ones

way better lenses

spitty
04-11-2009, 01:12 PM
pay the extra cash and get the hella ones

way better lenses
any idea what the hella ones are worth for a 7" 79 gmc p/u?

Tunabomber
04-11-2009, 01:15 PM
any idea what the hella ones are worth for a 7" 79 gmc p/u?

think around 75 bucks

they are better cause they have no hot spots so you get nice even light

also you get the light line ie when you look at the beam there is a noticeable line where the light stops shineing

Rye Guy
04-11-2009, 02:14 PM
There are several different style kits, quality levels, and manufacturers. There are also a lot of company's who build knock offs and re label with knock off labels. Beware. We all spend a lot of time on the web researching. I carry all bulb sizes Three levels of conversion kit quality, three buld brands and prices to suit many budgets. We have conversion lenses for sealed beams (glass and cast housings) not cheap plastic. HID's run hot and may melt acrylic or plastic.

6, 7, 8" round Off Road HID lights also available, with ballast built right into the housing, 2 wire hook-up, three color rings to choose from red, black, silver

Single light kits available for bikes etc...

Only 4 bulb styles will operate with high beam + low beam varies buy model - halogen high beam can be at no extra cost -
All the kits we offer are durable, waterproof (bulb and ballast) and will not "pop" because of rough terrain.
1 and 2 year warranties available.

Smarteye entry level kits $155

Rye Guy
04-11-2009, 02:18 PM
think around 75 bucks

they are better cause they have no hot spots so you get nice even light

also you get the light line ie when you look at the beam there is a noticeable line where the light stops shineing

The quality of the actual HID bulb has the most to do with beam pattern, yes the reflector matters too but a high quality bulb walks all over standard bulb.

Josh_M
04-11-2009, 06:40 PM
The quality of the actual HID bulb has the most to do with beam pattern, yes the reflector matters too but a high quality bulb walks all over standard bulb.

No doubt. Cheap HIDs are 10 times worse then your regular halogens. Knew a kid with single beam HID's, worst lights ive ever seen. You cant see worth shit. My 6000k's are so bright you cant look into them (Yea im an asshole). For anyone that knows the area, When im parked at chevron in pitt meadows, i can turn on my lights and light up signs 2 blocks away in front of hoffman park...good quality HIDs are AMAZING