PDA

View Full Version : Dually to single wheel

68F100
04-01-2009, 11:56 PM
Does anyone by chance know what it takes to convert ford dually front hubs to single wheel style? IS it just a speacer or somthing more? Thanks

bakelite
04-02-2009, 07:49 AM
Probably a write up on it at Pirate 4x4, that's where I got info for doing a chevy dually to single wheel.

jethro bodine
04-02-2009, 09:07 AM
It's just a spacer between the rotor and wheel just unbolt it the studs on the hub are the same as on the spacer.

fordpower
04-02-2009, 05:36 PM
Dumb question? You got dually stuff for sale? What year?

FU Toolbag
04-02-2009, 05:44 PM
It's just a spacer between the rotor and wheel just unbolt it the studs on the hub are the same as on the spacer.

No it's not. Chevs do that, well newer chevs do that, but the fords have to change the hubs entirly. You can use the same spindles and brake calipers and locking hubs, it's just the whole peice that mount's the tire you need to change.

What you doing?

jonny6door
04-02-2009, 05:45 PM
Does anyone by chance know what it takes to convert ford dually front hubs to single wheel style? IS it just a speacer or somthing more? Thanks

if you have a dually box for sale please private message me ASAP. thanks.
________
MEDICAL DISPENSARIES (http://dispensaries.org/)

68F100
04-02-2009, 11:55 PM
No it's not. Chevs do that, well newer chevs do that, but the fords have to change the hubs entirly. You can use the same spindles and brake calipers and locking hubs, it's just the whole peice that mount's the tire you need to change.

What you doing?

well i got the front for dirt cheap so i figured i should just convert this if possible

fordpower
04-03-2009, 07:58 AM
Just go find some TTB 50 front diff and get tghe rotor set up . Its the same set up as the dana 60. Thats what i did... all you need is the rotors... Hubs, bearings are the same... Cheers

jethro bodine
04-03-2009, 09:22 AM

What you doing?
I guess it may depend on the year but on my 2000 i just had them off to do the bearing unit and it's the same hub and spindle for single or dual

FU Toolbag
04-05-2009, 07:50 PM
I guess it may depend on the year but on my 2000 i just had them off to do the bearing unit and it's the same hub and spindle for single or dual

Unit bearings. Don't know them, don't want to. Sounds like they use a spacer like the newer chev ones with unit bearings, or the new dodges, with unit bearings.

If the outers are the same, anyone scraping a d50 ttb? Would like to try this with my d60.

jonny6door
04-05-2009, 09:34 PM
/\ /\ /\ FU250 - there is a couple at pick a part. theres a burnt out 96 f250 7.3 diesel about half way down the truck section. and yeah the dana 50 ttb from the knuckles out works on d60. ive done it too.
________
Homemade vaporizers (http://homemadevaporizers.info/)