PDA

View Full Version : no oil pressure

shawn_ruley
03-30-2009, 07:40 PM
I had to replace the front oil seal and oil pump gasket on my '82 22R today. Got everything put back together and started it up and got no oil pressure:confused0006:

Im going to see how far I can get it back apart before I run out of daylight, but any ideas?:dontknow:

Toyquad
03-30-2009, 08:23 PM
first do ya got oil in it?

unhook ignition coil and remove oil pressure sensor from engine(making sure it didnt get unplugged accidentaly first), have someone crank engine over and watch to see if oil comes out or not.

verify you dont have oil pressure before dissassembly.

only other thing i can think of is you forgot to put the oil pump drive back in

shawn_ruley
03-30-2009, 08:38 PM
theres oil in it. checked that before I started it.

I never thought of trying that but when I had it idling for a few seconds it was making that sort of diesel sound like its running with no oil in it.

I stripped it back down with my last few minutes of daylight. just gotta pull the crank pully and take out the five bolts and Im in...its probably going to end up being something stupidly obvious that will make me look like an idiot but oh well[cheers]

nebowe
03-30-2009, 08:45 PM
did you prime the oil pump when you installed it?

Toyquad
03-30-2009, 08:47 PM
another good point. my truck sounds pretty bad until the oil pump builds pressure.

shawn_ruley
03-30-2009, 08:53 PM
I let it idle for quite a while. I sometimes need to wait a few seconds for the pressure to build up but it never did so I shut it off not wanting to run my truck dry and tried it again after a few minutes with the same result:dontknow:

I dont get what could be wrong though, there are only like three parts in the entire oil pump

shawn_ruley
03-31-2009, 06:06 PM
well it turnedout that when I slipped the oil pump on the gasket fell out of its groove just slightly and when I stared it the gasket got all chewed up and made a mess in the oil pump.

cleaned it out real good and replaced the gasket and shes good to go now:D