PDA

View Full Version : fuel problem????

buck
03-27-2009, 01:13 PM
hey everyone ive got an 88 pu with a 22re, as of today i was on my way to town when the truck started boggin out and now i can only put about quarter throttle in it or it just boggs down... i am just about to tear into it but i figured id see if anyone has any other ideas, maybe injectors pluged? i just did a tune up, air filter, plugs, wires, cap and rotor, ect. it just started this today any input would be much appreciated thanks[cheers] [cheers]

rick

epic3
03-27-2009, 01:41 PM
Maf sensor may be out of whack or TPS

dirka dave
03-27-2009, 03:06 PM
Coil could be weak...

buck
03-27-2009, 03:19 PM
well i changed out the fuel filter and the problem seems to be worse now im thinkin the fuel pump is weak, i just changed the coil about 3 days ago, tps was done a couple weeks ago, havent done anything with the MAF yet ill look into that if my fuel pump idea doesnt work thanks alot guys

Little Samurai
03-27-2009, 04:11 PM
Similar prob. on my Samurai a year ago. Was worse when it got warm and was intermittent at first then all the time then no worky at all one day. It did turn out the pump was pooched likely due to the rust in the fuel tank. Did you notice any rusty discoloration of the fuel when you replaced your fuel filter? If so you should drop the tank and have a look. If there is rust a new tank and fuel pump is in order.

UU
03-27-2009, 04:11 PM
did you look in the glove-box ?

check the regy, if it says toyota, then thats yer problem.

buck
03-27-2009, 05:31 PM

thanks for the tip but i think ive seen more broken jeeps on the trail then i have toyotas[f] haha but back on topic i went back out to do some more tinkerin and now it runs for 2 seconds and sputters out??? WTF!! [27] [27] [27]

toyon35s
03-27-2009, 05:54 PM
thanks for the tip but i think ive seen more broken jeeps on the trail then i have toyotas[f] haha but back on topic i went back out to do some more tinkerin and now it runs for 2 seconds and sputters out??? WTF!! [27] [27] [27]

check and make sure the butterfly in the airbox is not sticking,my bros yota did the same thing [cheers]

buck
03-27-2009, 07:09 PM
check and make sure the butterfly in the airbox is not sticking,my bros yota did the same thing [cheers]

i actually thought about that already and checked it out but its moving freely thanks for the though tho...on to the next idea i guess [16] [16]

Little Samurai
03-27-2009, 10:13 PM
Pump! It is probably able to prime but not supply enough gas to the motor once it is running. Seems like the exact same series of events that lead to mine packing it in. Soon you will not even get it to start.

dirka dave
03-28-2009, 01:05 AM

Fuck you walter

tchevy
03-28-2009, 01:47 AM
unplug the maf and see if it get better, there is a backup mode, the air intake tubes are notorius for cracking from the engine flex and they get old and brittle.

Stetson
03-28-2009, 09:30 AM

HUH? :dontknow:
http://www.funinbc.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=82459&d=1211491767

:confused0006: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . [15] [15] [15]. . . [f]

radman
03-28-2009, 11:12 AM
fuel pressure regulator?

lizard
03-28-2009, 11:38 AM
check easy shit first - leaky lines ,vacum leaks , intake hose leaks /cracks ect . then see if your cold start valve isnt shutting off = to much fuel after warm up ..

what are the Spark plugs saying ?= lean /rich/normal?

buck
03-28-2009, 01:51 PM
well found the problem, fuel pump is pooched so off to lorco i go... thanks alot for all the help guys its much appreciated

rick

Little Samurai
03-28-2009, 01:59 PM
Hmmmm that's odd I never would have guessed the fuel pump. Glad we could all provide some input to help you get to the bottom of it. Was there any rust in the tank or was it just a tired pump?

buck
03-28-2009, 11:59 PM
nope no rust in the tank clean as a whistle just a tired ol pump i guess but hey all is good now , thanks again guys

rick

bigrig81
03-29-2009, 12:23 AM
Similar prob. on my Samurai a year ago. Was worse when it got warm and was intermittent at first then all the time then no worky at all one day. It did turn out the pump was pooched likely due to the rust in the fuel tank. Did you notice any rusty discoloration of the fuel when you replaced your fuel filter? If so you should drop the tank and have a look. If there is rust a new tank and fuel pump is in order.

Pump! It is probably able to prime but not supply enough gas to the motor once it is running. Seems like the exact same series of events that lead to mine packing it in. Soon you will not even get it to start.

Hmmmm that's odd I never would have guessed the fuel pump. Glad we could all provide some input to help you get to the bottom of it. Was there any rust in the tank or was it just a tired pump?

haha that's gold! glad you finally narrowed it down to the pump! hahaahahah

:D

UU
03-29-2009, 07:37 AM
fuel pump, thats what I was going to say, same thing happened to my Jeep

[!]Stetson

dirka dave
03-29-2009, 10:59 AM
You should check your steele fuel lines also....