PDA

View Full Version : 02 Sensors...?

Sini
03-20-2009, 04:45 PM
Hey quick question about 02 sensors, Green Jeep just went through a new water pump, spark plugs, serpentine belt, and 02 sensor back in January.

I really can't help but notice though that while the new 02 sensor is at least not killing the thing, it appears the Jeep is nowhere near as fuel efficient as it was before the 02 sensor got replaced.

Maybe its that the two are totally unrelated, and there's something else I should be looking for but I get about 150km less per tank of gas, than I did before, and that seems like a pretty substantial difference.

Any ideas? :dontknow:

Are there different 'grades' of 02 sensors?

theborges
03-20-2009, 05:14 PM
shouldnt be any difference, have you tried to do injector cleaner and throttle body cleaner on it? and how long ago did you do a oil change. try those things should help

Sini
03-20-2009, 05:17 PM
It got an oil change along with the new 02 sensor, the injector cleaner and throttle body cleaner I haven't tried I don't think but that's a good idea because since it shorted out on the island, the shop over there disconnected it for me so I could get it back to my shop on the mainland and it ran through gas like there was no tomorrow, so will add those to the list when I take it in for an oil change next week

nbrowser
03-20-2009, 05:56 PM
I had a '89 XJ Limited with a Renix 4.0 in it, went thru gas like there was no tomorrow, wish I could tell you why it was drinking like a fish but the motor gave out and the thing went to the junkyard, Still to this day I have no idea but I"m prety sure the Jeep gods here would have a clue or two.

dirka dave
03-20-2009, 07:38 PM
Its a jeep thing I guess.....