PDA

View Full Version : Immobilizer

longhorn
03-19-2009, 05:58 PM
Does anyone know what makes a BCAA imobilizer tick?
1996 F-250 with a 460.
The only way I can start the truck is to jump across the solenoid?
It wont start on the key but if I turn the key on and cross the solenoid with a screwdriver it starts.
People give you funny looks downtown , they think your stealing it or something.

Punk in Drublic
03-19-2009, 07:01 PM
in billies puddle, no one cares.

longhorn
03-19-2009, 07:08 PM
in billies puddle, no one cares.

I freaking care when I have to walk because it wont start like today....................

Briannishi
03-19-2009, 07:49 PM
Is it a swipe card system or a push in electronic key type?

longhorn
03-19-2009, 07:53 PM
Swipe card.

Briannishi
03-19-2009, 09:32 PM
There might be a overide toggle switch somewhere under the dash to make it go into valet mode it will make it driveable if not. I can probably dig up a schematic we install the same type of system in one of out fleet acounts only diff is they have a km tracker and gps with on board cell system but I'm pretty sure the ignition kill is the same. There is probably a small circuit board inbetween the factory harness your probably going to have to remove it and reconnect the wires. If you can dig around under the dash and find it and take a picture I can probably talk you through removing it.

bigrig81
03-19-2009, 09:36 PM
solenoid cooked? :D ya ya enough out of captain obvious!! good luck with the problem

:D

longhorn
03-19-2009, 09:52 PM
solenoid cooked? :D ya ya enough out of captain obvious!! good luck with the problem

:D

Actually someone else just said the same thing.
Check the solonoid first.
So maybe ill try that first thing tomorrow.

radman
03-20-2009, 11:10 AM
:confused0006:

Caribourob
03-20-2009, 03:45 PM
Mine has an immobilizer (NEEDED in Williams Lake)
Theres a sensor adhered to under the dash that has 2 blade type connectors on it, maybe one has worked loose or the adhesive has deteriorated and the sensor has fallen away from the sweet spot you hold the key chain card up to. Or the key chain has been de-magnitized. There is no Valet switch, you can bypass or put it into valet but the swipe card needs to be working. Maybe try holding the swipe card on the sweet spot for a few seconds.
Good luck

jonny6door
03-20-2009, 04:18 PM
did you try all the swipe cards in the right spot. i never had a single problem with it. worked everytime.
________
HERBAL GRINDER (http://www.vaporshop.com/grinders)

longhorn
03-20-2009, 07:25 PM
Its not the imobilizer its something else.
Its eating solniods ?
I put a used one on and it worked for 3 or so starts then quit again.
I put a new one in and it lasted all day up until tonight and it quit again?
Anyone ever had that happen before?

nbrowser
03-20-2009, 07:28 PM
Check the starter and the wiring going to it and the stuff between battery and solenoid....

longhorn
03-25-2009, 08:19 PM
I checked all wiring and cant find anything.
Drove it at night for the first time last night and the low beam headlights dont work?
Must be some wiring problems somewhere?

jonny6door
03-25-2009, 08:50 PM
check the fuses. did you mess around with the wiring at all because it worked for me for a year with no porblems.
________
Roor Bong (http://roorbongs.org)

Troy
03-25-2009, 08:53 PM
sounds like a voltage problem. check the voltage at the voltage regulator. is ur regulator in the alternator?

longhorn
03-25-2009, 09:03 PM
check the fuses. did you mess around with the wiring at all because it worked for me for a year with no porblems.

Havnt done anything to it.
Just started using it, Ill check around it must be one thing causing problem I think.

radman
03-26-2009, 10:38 AM
what kind of solinoid are you using, dont waste your time with niehoff. does it start when you put power to the triger pin on the solinoid? does it have power to the triger from the truck side?

longhorn
03-26-2009, 11:01 AM
what kind of solinoid are you using, dont waste your time with niehoff. does it start when you put power to the triger pin on the solinoid? does it have power to the triger from the truck side?

Soloniods been good for a few days now its the headlights not working now.
I suppose I should check the headlights first , maybe they just both happened to go at the same time.

Tinker
03-26-2009, 12:51 PM
Probably the Headlight switch, you can take them ford ones apart and clean em up or go buy a new one.

Slydog
03-26-2009, 05:06 PM
might be DRL module or HL switch

longhorn
03-27-2009, 06:01 PM
Is there a relay or a fuse for the Daytime running light?
They dont work and the lowbeams dont work?
Also the indicator light on the dash doesnt work.
Where is the switch for the DRL?

Millhouse
03-27-2009, 07:33 PM
DRL module is under the dash, its fused in the aux panel or fuse panel
its a relay and module all in one. the imobilizer might have been tapped onto the DRL so make sure you check the wires to the DRL cause you dont wanna buy another DRL and have it pop again ;)

Slydog
03-27-2009, 11:28 PM
also look to make sure the imobilizer is not tapped into the DRL ground . That could make many more problems

radman
03-28-2009, 11:06 AM
lol, did you have the parking brake on when you where checking the drl? if you are looking at the distrabution box, relays to the right, the flash to pass-drl fuse is bottom left, and 02 heater,bu lamps,drl module, and trailer charge relay, speed control is the 5th fuse from botom left. its probally something simple. you said there where no low beams? does it have trailer wireing, with the charge line, ive seen them short out in the back of the 7 pin connector.

longhorn
04-01-2009, 10:17 PM
Ive checked everything you guys suggested...
Any other ideas?
Im to old to go out after dark anyway I guess I dont need headlights....

Slydog
04-01-2009, 11:24 PM
if your still havin the problem when im in WL in a couple weeks i can meet up and take a look, fix er up

longhorn
04-02-2009, 09:02 AM
if your still havin the problem when im in WL in a couple weeks i can meet up and take a look, fix er up

Thanks guy ill keep poking at it , I might find something.

radman
04-02-2009, 11:30 AM
Im to old to go out after dark anyway I guess I dont need headlights....

:happy0045: lol