PDA

View Full Version : my toy build

buck
03-12-2009, 12:50 PM
well i had big plans for this truck when i picked it up, it was going to be a trailer wheeler and never see pavement but then i realized i was gonna need a new hunting fishing truck soon so i decided to do a mild project instead... it started off as a 88 xtra cab rust bucket p.o.s there was no steel left on the box it was all bondo and fiberglass patches, the front wasnt too bad but it all had to go , the main reason i bought this truck was because it has a very solid frame and the cab is dam near mint so i figured it would be a good start....i found a guy in kelowna that had fenders and doors and a really shiney grill [16] so i drove down and picked them up and i also had to order some new corner lights from the coast to complete the front end... as for the back end i tried to find a box in decent shape but with no luck i opted to build a deck, i still have to build a headache rack for it but i dont really mind the ways it looks so far so we'll see... but anyways this is my progress so far , i have a locker comming for it next week and a few other new goodie that i will post up when they show...thanks for looking and doin alot of reading...sorry haha and let me know what you think [cheers]

yoda thrills
03-12-2009, 01:03 PM
get rid of the IFS

dirka dave
03-12-2009, 01:04 PM
Nice job... !!

Punk in Drublic
03-12-2009, 01:09 PM
be a good lil fishin n huntin rig, id ditch the ifs , but not till ya grenade it. if youre just cruisin to fishin holes n such it should work just fine for ya.

buck
03-12-2009, 01:31 PM
be a good lil fishin n huntin rig, id ditch the ifs , but not till ya grenade it. if youre just cruisin to fishin holes n such it should work just fine for ya.

ya i had intentions to loose the ifs but for what im gonna use it for i dont really need to, i dont need to run big tires or have alot of articulation right now its just gonna be a mild wheeler and a bush buggy but eventually once my shop is done i will do a sas [cheers]

dirka dave
03-12-2009, 01:51 PM
Yep, just run it till it blows, but start gathering parts for a sas if thats something you see yourself doing in the future.

buck
03-12-2009, 01:56 PM
Yep, just run it till it blows, but start gathering parts for a sas if thats something you see yourself doing in the future.

already got about 99% of what i need.... it will come....eventually[cheers]

vajayjay
03-12-2009, 05:05 PM
Looks good

And your right that grill is shiny

BrokenToy
03-12-2009, 06:47 PM
nice little yota, will take a good shit-kickin

theborges
03-12-2009, 06:51 PM
Looking good. what you doing to it next?

TWOZEROFOUR
03-12-2009, 08:24 PM
sweet truck dude, now sas it and put er on 37's

buck
03-12-2009, 08:53 PM
hey thanks for the comments guys, as for the next thing im doin....if my locker gets here soon that will probably be the next in line... i picked up a clinometer set up for it today and installed it but it was to dark to take a pic, i also did a bunch of little shit to it today to keep the cops off my ass, i.e. set up a new horn, liscense plate light, and because i dont feel like spending 300 bucks on new e-brake cables i installed a micro lock....it never ends

SquirreL-E
03-12-2009, 09:11 PM
you should dove your flatdeck... =D

TWOZEROFOUR
03-12-2009, 10:05 PM

word!

buck
03-13-2009, 12:00 AM

ya know i thought about that but then decided against it just for the fact of it being a hunting truck and i need all the deck space i can get, once i decide that it will be strictly a wheeler then i wil dove it i think, thnaks for the ideas guys[cheers]

SHITTY
03-13-2009, 08:46 PM
need a big flat deck if u wanna get a moose. haha good job buddy looking forward to the rest of your pics. keep us updated. [cheers]

bakelite
03-14-2009, 07:15 AM
Looks good, what's a "micro lock?" [cheers]

buck
03-14-2009, 08:26 AM
Looks good, what's a "micro lock?" [cheers]

micro lock is a solenoid that locks up your brakes... you press down on your brake pedal and flick a switch and it holds the pressure...its the same as the roll control they use in drag cars, thanks for the comments guys[cheers]

buck
03-24-2009, 10:25 PM
well, i am waiting for a bunch of parts to come in so i have been doin the little stuff like mounted and wired in my inclinometer thingy, tach, cb, just minor stuff but it will all come together soon...i hope haha, i am still trying to find gears, thinking of goin with 4.37 or 4.56 with a spool in the rear, i am still waiting for the next day that isnt rainin and warm so i can paint it up...still not positive on a color tho... i have had it out wheeling a couple times (sorry forgot to bring the camera) and i am happy with everything so far other than the gearing, ill post pics tomorow of whats been done to date, thanks for lookin