PDA

View Full Version : how do i get the window out??

78fullsize
03-03-2009, 01:44 PM
k i got my parts truck just about all apart and was going to call the scraper but i got in the bronco and noticed that my front window has a huge spider crack all over the pass side( must have been to cold for it) my question is how to i get the good window out of my parts truck with out braking it???

HEAVY METAL
03-03-2009, 01:54 PM
with the proper tools it might be able too be done. those broncos and f150's have a problem of the glass resting on the pinchweld thius leaving no room too cut out.

m j
03-03-2009, 03:02 PM
the rubber is 2 pieces,
you pull the insert piece out of the main rubber to relax it some,
then the quick and dirty way is to cut the main rubber off the front and pop it out

I have swapped them using the old rubber and with no proper tools but,
it is better to have someone that knows how far you can push glass before it breaks do it :)

Briannishi
03-03-2009, 03:10 PM
I've seen some winshield removal tools the glass guys use i'm not sure where they got them or if they made them themselves. Here a website that has some basic info on how to install it i'm trying to remember what style windshield it is I'm pretty sure its the older style.

http://www.route66restorations.com/1.html

HEAVY METAL
03-03-2009, 03:40 PM
yup mj got it.. sorry thought ur bronco was a lil newer..

78fullsize
03-03-2009, 04:52 PM
well i'll try it on the parts truck first and if it breaks it breaks no much of a loss. thanks for all the info guys ill try it tommrow and see what happens

Punk in Drublic
03-03-2009, 05:23 PM
sawzall the top of the door off??? wont help get the new one in, but it might get the old one out safer

m j
03-03-2009, 05:53 PM
taking them out is easy if you cut the rubber, just need a new rubber to replace it.

if you can, get the rubber warmed up for the install
and be prepared for it to not want to go in, several sets of hands can help or hurt ya :)

D.R.800X2
03-03-2009, 11:44 PM
Push out your broken w.s. with pressure from your feet and somebody prying the inside lip to get it started and re-use that rubber.Carefully cut the outside of your good w.s`s rubber all around with a olfa knife and gently remove the glass. Put your good rubber on the new w.s. and put a long piece of small rope( lawnmower pull cord works great)in the groove all the way around with the ends overlapping then sit it in place , usually bottom first and start pulling the rope inwards while a helper pushes in from the outside .It really works but definitely warm up the rubber first. Good luck.