PDA

View Full Version : logging roads

Skitherz
02-22-2009, 12:38 PM
is there any way to find maps of logging roads in the okanagan or surrounding area? I have found a couple but hasnt led me to anywhere great other than a dead end and an open clearing (fun to play in) but need more trails! If anyone knows how to obtain maps of logging routes or any other off road trails it would be great! And is there anyone planning on any expeditions here in the OK?

SquirreL-E
02-22-2009, 12:43 PM
Theres backroads map bookz go buy one, and dont ask for directions to trails, it gets you no where, but ppl telling you to f- off and find them yourself, especially when you just signed up...

Skitherz
02-22-2009, 12:53 PM
ok well thats all i was asking, i wasnt sure if there were any maps like that available or not! And what does me just signing up have to do with anything? At least im taking an interest in this site and willing to be a part of it instead of just signing up and just 'lurking' around. Thanks tho squirrel-e. At least you let me know that there are maps like that out there!

SquirreL-E
02-22-2009, 01:15 PM
The fact of you just signed up, great your showing interest and all that, but nobody knows you, and nobody wants their trails fucked up by posting directions to it, and having other people that just lurk here, or just signed up, read it, find their way there, and go there dumping shit everywhere, or just up and destroying the trails to make them accessible by removing / altering it so a car could drive up it.

But yes there are back roads map books, which is the best way to find places, just do exactly what your wanting to do, go down some logging trails, GET LOST UP THERE, find your way back, it works out great =D, going down every trail every little way you can.

trencher
02-22-2009, 01:16 PM
Ya backroads books and get out and explore....oh and those clearings.....stay the fuck out of them!!!!.....if you're leaving tracks your tearing shit up you shouldn't be and fucking it for everyone

punkette in drublic
02-22-2009, 03:16 PM
theres a ton of maps u can get, not hard to find, but take a gps with you and go off exploring on your own and make your own maps, we made a TON of them out our backyard this summer and found some way cool trails (and some pretty narly stumps) just going off the beaten path. and i have to agree with trencher, dont go rippin up the clearings, and ruining the land for not only everyone else (these r perfect places to take a break and stretch out) but for the wildlife that use those as feeding grounds and such.

Punk in Drublic
02-22-2009, 03:38 PM
ya the clearings/ grasslands are usually protected just an fyi. if its a logging clearing, than giver but be careful, stumps are sneaky. check out the event pages theres usually people from the ok goin out in variose classes/ sizes of truck n are usually more willin to let you follow them to the trail than post directions for everyone. youll understand after somemore wheelin expeirience, some of these trails have alot of work into em.

as my wifey said a gps is pretty cool way to explore, my buddy brought one up to my place in lac la hache and we just drove all over (almost to likely one night) and found our way home then printed the maps out in the morning.

have fun in bc

[cheers],sheldon

Skitherz
02-22-2009, 03:40 PM
Ya backroads books and get out and explore....oh and those clearings.....stay the fuck out of them!!!!.....if you're leaving tracks your tearing shit up you shouldn't be and fucking it for everyone

Those clearings you tell me to stay the fuck out of are in fact used for just pissing around in an open clearing!!! THE PROPERTY OWNER said we can use it as we please.

trencher
02-22-2009, 04:37 PM
If it's private property then giver shit....you know damn well that's not what i ment. If i had known that i wouldn't have said it. But on crown land have respect for nature and others using it and stay the fuck out!!!!!!!! If your this mouthy in person you'd better stick to private land go fuck yourself

Punk in Drublic
02-22-2009, 04:39 PM
there ya go, private property is private property. but ifn youre out in the bush, its good to know that you cant tear em up on crownland. people here are just tryin to help, yes even the asshole2 s

[cheers] andgo fuck yourself and :welcome:

trencher
02-22-2009, 04:41 PM
[QUOTE=punk in drublic;1376858]there ya go, private property is private property. but ifn youre out in the bush, its good to know that you cant tear em up on crownland. people here are just tryin to help, yes even the asshole2 s

Hey i resemble that asshole2 remark :D :D

mark
02-22-2009, 04:41 PM
check out the kettle valley railway in the naramata bench. some cool roads and lakes up there with some really good views.

Skitherz
02-22-2009, 04:53 PM
im not one of those guys that will go out and disrespect the land.. i love nature and thats why i want to get out there and explore and get some good tips.. only thing im plannin on ruining is my truck.. sorry for the lip, you could have explained me staying out of some land in a little more of a polite way rather than stay the fuck out and assume im some no good punk that doesnt give a shit about nature or property or w/e.

trencher
02-22-2009, 05:27 PM
Hey fair enough but honestly the way you put it sounded like you were on public land.....and there are way too many young (and old) punks out there that do fuck things up and that's why some of us jump on people asap. :mad0215:
Oh and buy the way i swear....alot :D

Deathtrap
02-22-2009, 05:36 PM
Summerland has alot of old logging roads and old cut lines etc, if you ever wanna go out that what way pm me, im home in penticton for a week each month. I could show ya around the penticton, summerland, peachland areas.

Punk in Drublic
02-22-2009, 06:01 PM
hey not all punks tear stuff up :D :D

asshole2 is a compliment round here.

and Skitherz, post like youre talkin to the person is infront of you, its kinda a rule round here, im pretty sure trencher woulda said what hew posted to youre face,

stay the fuck out, whats not polite about that??

that s just how we talk

keep on keepin on.
[36] go fuck yourself :party0010:

trencher
02-22-2009, 06:41 PM
asshole2 is my nickname to most of my friends [36]
And ya what gets typed here comes outa my mouth too :rolleyes: actually tone it down a little here

If ya wanna learn some trails around here guys will show ya.
Keep you eyes open on here and catch what runs you can and meet some guys that know where shit is......prove yourself and they will tell you what they know......but be prepared for shit and abuse :welcome: even in person [cheers]

D-Ass
02-22-2009, 09:55 PM
no one it REALLY trying to be a dick it is just the fact that so many trails are being closed down and what we have left are really getting fucked up quick as trencher said hang around and meet up with people you will learn quick[cheers]

Skitherz
02-23-2009, 10:57 AM
Hey trencher, thats cool that you jumped all over me there and gave me shit. I understand what you mean, i went up to a few places around here and noticed garbage and cut down trees just to burn. I know what you mean with the jump asap. I would to, but just let me express it one more time, just cuz im a newb doesnt mean i dont give a shit about my surroundings and wildlife! Deathtrap, when im out that way or plannin on it, i will surely pm ya, thx buddy!

England
02-23-2009, 11:21 AM
here is a link to the books mate ..And we are all assholes here LOL

http://www.backroadmapbooks.com/