PDA

View Full Version : E Lockers

bk01
02-19-2009, 12:15 PM
Ok, so i wanna put a rear locker into my 08 taco DC Sport, I've done some reading about and i'm leaning to an electronic locker (just cuz fixing a wire on the trail is easier then an air line)

however i cant find anything about the lockers that would fix my rear.

So far i've looked at Eaton E- Lockers, and the Electrac

any info would be great.

Arnee
02-19-2009, 12:21 PM
call bryson at jeep thrills he should be able to find you wat you need 604 465 5559

redman
02-19-2009, 01:51 PM
i would just buy a detroit, I barely notice mine in my 01 4Runner unless I want to and it always works on the trails. It wont break and it easy to maintain and much more cost effective

dirka dave
02-19-2009, 01:52 PM
i would just buy a detroit, I barely notice mine in my 01 4Runner unless I want to and it always works on the trails. It wont break and it easy to maintain and much more cost effective

[stupid] [iagree]

bk01
02-20-2009, 10:11 AM
is the detroit selectable or does it automatically engage?

Nutbar
02-20-2009, 10:29 AM
The Detroit "No Spin" Locker is an automatic locker and pretty much the most bomb proof locker out there, most people with automatic trannys and longer wheelbases don't even notice the Detroit is there I have a Detroit Locker in the back of my Comanche pickup daily driver, actually I have them in the back of everything I own, and I wouldn't have anything else.

I tried a Detroit Electrac in the frt of my CJ and it did not work well at all, it was the worst waste of money choice I made with that truck.

I have not tried myself or know anybody that has tried the Eaton E Locker

The ARBs are quite reliable since they redesigned the locker and seals, as long as the air source is reliable they work very well.