PDA

View Full Version : married or divorced (tcase not the wife)

Punk in Drublic
02-16-2009, 01:49 PM
my transfer case pings in low and the tranny is javin issues so i was thinkin i wanted to swap out my divorced case n goin married. it a 76 f250. wanted to swap in a hp 60 and i just dont like the divorced, dont plan on liftin much if at all. whould i run the same tranny and just get a newer t-case n fab a crossmember. its a 360 4 speed. [cheers]

78fullsize
02-16-2009, 08:23 PM
i belive u well have to get a tranny and t case cuz your tranny has and output shafty with a drive shaft end like a 2wd tranny so u would have to find a 4wd tranny and t-case and then fab a crossmeber. yea will most likly have to get ur drive done to cuz the front will be shorter and the rear longer

patford
02-16-2009, 09:10 PM
All that and if you put a HP 60 in it well cause interferance problems
with drive shaft with out lift and think HP has different center to center
on the springs .

Punk in Drublic
02-16-2009, 10:15 PM
yep i knew the 60 would prolly come from a newer truck wit different leaf cen-cen. and d-shafts would need fabbin.

knew id hafta come up a little to make room for the 60, just want it kept as low as possible, this is a bush beater and a fire wood hauler. it fits my q78 swampers now just fine(had to trim the fender i folded in, was easier than bashin it out)

shoulda remembered the tailhousing was different, to much [stoned]

so what would i find a married tranny-tcase outa to fit the fe block.

this prolly wont start to happen till after the summer, just wanted to start scavaging some parts and know what to look for.

[cheers]