PDA

View Full Version : Jeeps and the money needed to fix them!

Jeep Jim
02-14-2009, 10:28 PM
Every time I'm home it's either no time to spend on the jeep or money is there but other duties call me away. it does not help I drive truck so my time at home is little at best but when the vehicles need fixing it just seems harder. I'm too cheap to let someone else fix what I can do and my oldest son wants to get at the thing but when it comes to lifting it up and him crawling around under it... plus I wonder just how far he would go in wrenching on it.

So this winter sucked because I need to work on the front diff or just swap it out all together, might do the swap and let the kid play with the old diff and see about upgrading it with a locker for later use. Because of the age of the jeep we really don't want to put way too much into it because if it comes down to that much I might as well upgrade to a newer one for less money.

How many jeeps can you put on 6 acres? Hmmm maybe that's where I'm going wrong I need to find more for less and have my own wrecking yard. LOL The boys are itchy to play now they are at the age of driving so I will have to grin and bare it with my old body ( not the jeep ) and get it done so we can really impress their mother with more dents on it.

If push comes to shove the big truck has lockers so just how far can you drive off road with a highway rig with all 8 tires spinning in the mud? :happy0045:

Tunabomber
02-15-2009, 12:29 AM
Every time I'm home it's either no time to spend on the jeep or money is there but other duties call me away. it does not help I drive truck so my time at home is little at best but when the vehicles need fixing it just seems harder. I'm too cheap to let someone else fix what I can do and my oldest son wants to get at the thing but when it comes to lifting it up and him crawling around under it... plus I wonder just how far he would go in wrenching on it.

So this winter sucked because I need to work on the front diff or just swap it out all together, might do the swap and let the kid play with the old diff and see about upgrading it with a locker for later use. Because of the age of the jeep we really don't want to put way too much into it because if it comes down to that much I might as well upgrade to a newer one for less money.

what ?
How many jeeps can you put on 6 acres? Hmmm maybe that's where I'm going wrong I need to find more for less and have my own wrecking yard. LOL The boys are itchy to play now they are at the age of driving so I will have to grin and bare it with my old body ( not the jeep ) and get it done so we can really impress their mother with more dents on it.

If push comes to shove the big truck has lockers so just how far can you drive off road with a highway rig with all 8 tires spinning in the mud? :happy0045:

Tunabomber
02-15-2009, 12:29 AM

What ???

UU
02-15-2009, 06:58 AM
atleast 50 Jeeps on 6 acres

and if all 8 tires are spinning in the mud, yer not going anywhere

next question !

Jeep Jim
02-16-2009, 04:21 PM
When off road with big truck and anything that moves, if it is moving no matter whats spinning you are getting someplace. Slowly but as long as you don't have to get out in it what more can be said!

50 jeeps should give me enough parts to keep things going. LOL

Jeep Jim
02-16-2009, 04:24 PM
Love pulling onto the scales with mud all over the truck and trailer dripping, they might want to snivel but as long as lights and windows are clean!

Just my way of slowing them down from wanting to crawl under it!

Kind of like parking your muddy 4X4 at the mall next to some tuner car that is polished up.

epic3
02-16-2009, 04:24 PM
let the kid at it
If he fucks up the front end then replace it

Jeep Jim
02-16-2009, 04:27 PM
You might be right about letting him get at the front end. He is good at thinking things through and making it work.

Would I trust it after to take it way out in the back country????

epic3
02-16-2009, 04:40 PM
you dont know till you try

Have faith in your young ones someone has too

lornix
02-16-2009, 06:00 PM
My oldest son does all my wiring for me [36]

F150HULK
02-16-2009, 06:16 PM
I'm never fixing it... Just upgrading!