PDA

View Full Version : Lift blocks

Josh_M
01-31-2009, 08:07 PM
If I were to cut my lift blocks in half, would it do me any bad ? When i eventually get new fenders for my truck, it will have too much lift for the tires (Currently 4" lift). I want to just chop the blocks in half. Anything i should be careful of ? cheers [cheers]

epic3
01-31-2009, 08:29 PM
lift blocks are cheap why not buy new ones

Troy
01-31-2009, 08:40 PM
most lift blocks aren't solid so cutting it in half wouldn't work. and you need a center aligning pin on the bottom of the block and a hole on the top of the block so the leaf spring center pin fits in it.

Troy
02-01-2009, 01:36 AM
and i dont understand how thats too much lift.... if its for that ranger you posted, then just do explorer rear spring swap and belltech shackles.. gives you 6'' lift easy

Josh_M
02-01-2009, 01:52 AM
Troy, i want an agressive prerunner look and i dont have the money for 35's right now. Fenders im going to get eventually will be cut a lot higher for more clearence, so i was thinking 33s might look kinda funny

4Lo
02-01-2009, 02:08 AM
It's whatever you like but imo prerunner's look silly other than being built for racing. To drive a truck on the road that is prerunner is imo pointless. I'm not trying to be an ass. [cheers]

B
02-01-2009, 10:30 AM
your not josh loves to spend time on pointless mod's ...

[cheers] to being different now ...

IT'S NOT GONNA WORK ... [22]

Tinker
02-01-2009, 10:54 AM
You wanna take lift outta the truck? Why? You got yourself a half decent truck there, don't start fooking around with it making it less driveable. I like the look of a pre-runner, but with that said I would only build one if I was gonna use it as a pre-runner.

Josh_M
02-01-2009, 09:21 PM
your not josh loves to spend time on pointless mod's ...

[cheers] to being different now ...

IT'S NOT GONNA WORK ... [22]

snorkels anyone [cheers]

It's whatever you like but imo prerunner's look silly other than being built for racing. To drive a truck on the road that is prerunner is imo pointless. I'm not trying to be an ass. [cheers]

Its all personal preference...to each there own i like to be different.

dirka dave
02-01-2009, 09:57 PM
I am not alowed to have an opinion......

But if I did it would be.......BUY NEW BLOCKS !!

Zibi
02-01-2009, 10:01 PM
Why don't you wait until you have your new fenders on and see how it looks. No use loosing lift if you don't have too. If it looks weird then put smaller lift blocks in later. Won't kill you and possibly save you some $$ and effort.

Happypants
02-03-2009, 07:18 PM
if it were up to me i would ditch the blocks completly and do belltech shackels and put re-arched chev 63`s in the rear, you have to move the front mount forward a bit but its worth it, and your rear will flex better than the front,