PDA

View Full Version : flex-a-lite

4linkfota
01-31-2009, 09:48 AM
has anyone had problems with flex-a-lite fans not moving enough air.

C.W.
01-31-2009, 10:36 AM
Yep. Is it shrouded?
I use a fan from a early-mid 90's ford taurus with a 3.8L. They are two speed and pull way more air than most aftermarket ones. Also only $20 at pick n pull. :D
Are yours pushers or pullers?

jonny6door
01-31-2009, 09:01 PM
hey ive still got your little straps in my truck i have been meaning to drop them off i will next week. oh yah i went out today and snapped another sector shaft. had to get a snowmobile ride into town and get a new steering box. i need hydro haha.

as for fans, i think you have pullers mounted on the back so your sucking air thats in the little space behind your cab into the huge space in the box. maybe try flipping it around so it sucks air from all the air in your box and push it behind the cab. it may work better. also get a $150 aluminum rad from summitracing.com i love mine and have never overheated since i got it. also throw a couple bottles of waterwetter in you cooling system. takes the temp dow by 20+ degrees. i use it and swear by it. works like a whore. which is damn good. its like $15 at lordco.
________
Easy Vape Vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/easy-vape)

4linkfota
02-01-2009, 09:24 AM
That sucks breakin another one.I got a nice little ram and some hoses if you want.Ill try turnin my fans around.

jeepingpw
02-01-2009, 07:08 PM
I agree with CW, got electric before you loose a fin through the rad or the floor! Been there, done it[36]

4linkfota
02-09-2009, 03:07 PM
Sounds like these things have a history of shittyness.