PDA

View Full Version : thai rod ends aka tie rod ends ?

Hello Kitty
01-29-2009, 08:51 PM
i just replaced the idler arm and it did shit to help my shitty steering (like driving after smoking angel dust and drinking a 60 pounder of moonshine).

looked at the rod on the pass. side of the 89 pickup and i assume the bushing is gone as i can rotate it with my hand.

feels like my pump is gone turning right and is very unstable at 80km.

any of you godlike genius's have some input ? do i need to buy a new arm or put a new bushing on ? was thinkin of hacken up and old tennis shoe :confused0006:

MikeWild
01-29-2009, 09:02 PM
smoke some angel dust and drink a 60, it should counter act the effects of your steering and everything'll seem normal.... kinda

Hello Kitty
01-29-2009, 10:27 PM
smoke some angel dust and drink a 60, it should counter act the effects of your steering and everything'll seem normal.... kinda

could not deal with either so rather just fix the problem and stick to licking frogs.

OldEnuff
01-30-2009, 01:20 AM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm licking frogs

Toyquad
01-30-2009, 10:39 AM
have you tried balancing the front tires, cause that will fuck shit up. also, I'll take a look around, i might have a complete steering setup for a IFS truck in my storage..... if i do shes yours......... in exchange for one kitty cat strong out on coke....

dirka dave
01-30-2009, 01:20 PM
Why don't you tranfer your insurance over to your shopping cart ?

dirka dave
01-30-2009, 01:22 PM
I don't undersatnd what the problem is ?

Shimmy ?

Pulling ?

Hard to turn ?

:dontknow:

Stetson
01-30-2009, 02:37 PM
your tie rod ends should rotate back and fourth, but you should not be able to lift them up and down ( this would indicate the "ball joint" in the tie rod end is worn out ) if your steering is very hard to turn in one direction, and you have checked for foreign things obstructing the movement, fluid level is ok, axle joints arn't broken, or any of the obvious things, jack it off the ground and check it is still difficult, if it is, you may have an issue with the power steering box. Where the sector shaft gears meet. These need to be set up just like you do a differential. too much gap and you get slop. not enough, and it binds. But hey, could be anything without a quick look at the truck. where are you mr . ?

Hello Kitty
01-31-2009, 12:11 PM
your tie rod ends should rotate back and fourth, but you should not be able to lift them up and down ( this would indicate the "ball joint" in the tie rod end is worn out ) if your steering is very hard to turn in one direction, and you have checked for foreign things obstructing the movement, fluid level is ok, axle joints arn't broken, or any of the obvious things, jack it off the ground and check it is still difficult, if it is, you may have an issue with the power steering box. Where the sector shaft gears meet. These need to be set up just like you do a differential. too much gap and you get slop. not enough, and it binds. But hey, could be anything without a quick look at the truck. where are you mr . ?

in whiterock. i believe the pump is hooped as it leaks alot of fluids, hard to steer right, death wobble etc.

was thinkin of a balance for sure. gonna look at it again today.

thanks for the help.
asshole2 's
[cheers]