PDA

View Full Version : Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rear end settling????

yota90ca
01-23-2009, 08:32 PM
Boss bougth a 07 jeep wrangler unlimited with the offroad trail rated backage, as a personal work vehicle. He had to put a 3 inch lift in it as he tore the gaskets off the front drive shaft and the bill for replacing that was like $1800 as the whole drive shaft needed replacing (talk about job creation) tore it on a fsr road inspection.

Now it is only 8 months old with the lift kit and the rear is lower then the front. has anyone else had this issue?

I know the my 08 taco only looks level from the 4 sandbags needed to keep the ass end under control with highways lovely plow work here in the west kootenays.

Tinker
01-23-2009, 08:45 PM
Didn't buy a Rubicon!(Lift Kit that is) Hahahahahahaha. Rough Country anyone?

UU
01-23-2009, 08:51 PM
Boss bougth a 07 jeep wrangler unlimited with the offroad trail rated backage, as a personal work vehicle. He had to put a 3 inch lift in it as he tore the gaskets off the front drive shaft and the bill for replacing that was like $1800 as the whole drive shaft needed replacing

[wtf]

bocephusjr
01-24-2009, 12:05 AM
[stupid]

yota90ca
01-24-2009, 02:08 PM
We had the same thing he was not too happy because he was pulling the ATV to a job to go staking just outside of creston and well it died on him on the flats after kootenay pass.

Took it to the dealer as this thing is still on warranty and found out that not only was the gasket torn off the drive shaft (basically a CV Joint) but same with one on the exhaust which was causing the computer to malfunction.

Troy
01-24-2009, 02:10 PM
do you mean a slipyoke seal or pinion seal for the front end? im confused what you mean by gasket. rubber boot?

B
01-24-2009, 02:43 PM
do you mean a slipyoke seal or pinion seal for the front end? im confused what you mean by gasket. rubber boot?

the new jeep's known as jk's come from the factory with a driveshaft with end's on it similar to a cv front axle shaft on both ends [cheers]

but they don't like angles and we replace them when we are doing lift taller than 3" with a conventional stlye d/s...

B ...

fresh
01-24-2009, 06:44 PM
seems a little steep for a driveshaft [16]

Troy
01-25-2009, 01:12 AM
the new jeep's known as jk's come from the factory with a driveshaft with end's on it similar to a cv front axle shaft on both ends [cheers]

but they don't like angles and we replace them when we are doing lift taller than 3" with a conventional stlye d/s...

B ...

so what the hell is the 'gasket' he's talking about big b

m j
01-25-2009, 09:00 AM
CV boot

xtremeyj
01-25-2009, 09:52 AM
CV boot

Ive never heard of a cv boot bein called a gasket

B
01-25-2009, 09:59 AM
his is the Rzeppa CV at the rear axle's pinion. If this angle of the driveshaft was forced anymore under extreme conditions, the housing would more than likely cut into the rubber boot (seal), consequently contaminating the joint's grease. Water and grime wreak havoc on a CV joint's internals.

The factory driveshafts are great for everyday driving and mild off-highway conditions. Anything extreme will push the limits of the shafts' capabilities

[cheers]

Happypants
01-28-2009, 11:32 PM
shoulda bought rubicon, only way to go,

fullthrottle
02-15-2009, 06:56 PM
if you talking about the front shaft. when you lift these jeeps the clamp on the shaft that hold"s the cv boot on makes contact with the transmission and takes out the boot,when i install my tire carrier i expect i will sit lower in the back then the front and i will probably just install some spring spacers to level it out [cheers]

Apathy
02-15-2009, 07:31 PM
his is the Rzeppa CV at the rear axle's pinion. If this angle of the driveshaft was forced anymore under extreme conditions, the housing would more than likely cut into the rubber boot (seal), consequently contaminating the joint's grease. Water and grime wreak havoc on a CV joint's internals.

The factory driveshafts are great for everyday driving and mild off-highway conditions. Anything extreme will push the limits of the shafts' capabilities

[cheers]

those type of universals are CRAP. they run smooth, but not very strong