PDA

View Full Version : Clutch is dead

girlcrazy_4
01-19-2009, 06:38 PM
Had a buddy move my truck about a block and somehow he enilated my clutch. Something about the 7000rpm and the burning smell had something to do about it.

Anyways its done and i'm not impressed nor do I want to spend $292 at lordco.

Its a beater, has mabye 6months left on it so I'd rather not spend $300. Where can I find a clutch at a better price, or where can I locate just the disk without pressure plate. Almost sad to say but I might have to part it out earlier than expected.

FU Toolbag
01-19-2009, 10:01 PM
I'm kinda dumbb on m ondays, but what's your truck?

Troy
01-19-2009, 10:43 PM
Its a beater, has mabye 6months left on it so I'd rather not spend $300.

don't drive it for a couple weeks, and the money you save on gas can buy you a new clutch.

Where can I find a clutch at a better price,

the bottom price on the lordco computer screen:happy0045:

m j
01-20-2009, 05:21 AM
what is it with people and clutches.
if it slips, you let OFF the throttle.
you can nurse a dying clutch for a long time, right up until a dummy borrows your ride

youngun
01-20-2009, 07:45 AM
don't you have a parts truck?

HEAVY METAL
01-20-2009, 08:43 AM
what is it with people and clutches.
if it slips, you let OFF the throttle........ then shut her off and let her cool down...im milkin a dead clutch as we speak.. but my own fault for puttin a stock replacement clutch behind too much motor..:(
you can nurse a dying clutch for a long time, right up until a dummy borrows your ride

85_GMC_4x4
01-20-2009, 05:23 PM
What usually happens is that some dumbass drops the clutch, and thinks they're doing a burnout when really they are just slipping the clutch.

Arnee
01-20-2009, 07:32 PM
Had a buddy move my truck about a block and somehow he enilated my clutch. Something about the 7000rpm and the burning smell had something to do about it.

Anyways its done and i'm not impressed nor do I want to spend $292 at lordco.

Its a beater, has mabye 6months left on it so I'd rather not spend $300. Where can I find a clutch at a better price, or where can I locate just the disk without pressure plate. Almost sad to say but I might have to part it out earlier than expected.

i got one 50 bucks[cheers]

bocephusjr
01-20-2009, 08:50 PM
what is it with people and clutches
if it slips, you let OFF the throttle........ then shut her off and let her cool down...im milkin a dead clutch as we speak.. but my own fault for puttin a stock replacement clutch behind too much motor..:(
lol maybe u ride your clutch like its a dirty surrey girl? :dontknow:

m j
01-20-2009, 10:36 PM
when I pulled the motor outa my beater I discovered the dead clutch was almost brand new, they had contaminated the flywheel when they installed it
weird pattern on the flywheel where you can see less then half the clutch surface was working

girlcrazy_4
01-23-2009, 06:11 PM
ttt still looking for a clutch. Dropped the trans out of the parts truck and looks like it has a burnt OE clutch.

If anyone local has a disk layin about.

TWOZEROFOUR
01-23-2009, 06:35 PM
i got one,, is is a 4spd?

youngun
01-23-2009, 11:52 PM
im 99percent sure the splines as the same for the 5 and 4 speeds....