PDA

View Full Version : Lesson learned-Stave Lake

Razon
01-18-2009, 11:36 PM
Well, today i found out 2 things...
One, my truck doesn't stay on top of the snow like a Zuk does;
Two, don't get stuck as people are leaving...and without knowing anybody there. I've asked numerous people to help me out but...who knows, maybe they didn't like my accent. :confused0006: That kinda left a bitter taste in my mouth.
It took me probably an hour to inch my way out of it.
On my way back a 1'st gen Ford Probe went off the road, on top of the snow bank I gave them a hand to get the car back on the road.
Then 10 min on the paved road, I asw a truck rolled over on the side of the road; Cops and fire department just arrived on the scene though.
Anyway, great day otherwise.

MikeWild
01-18-2009, 11:42 PM
Well that sucks ass. Glad you were able to get out under your own steam though!

SquirreL-E
01-18-2009, 11:42 PM
wheres the pics? :cool:

Razon
01-18-2009, 11:50 PM
I'll post my pics later, I'm done for today. I don't have any of me being stuck though. I was too busy trying to figure out how to get out :)
Does anyone know if the guys in the rolled over truck are ok? It seemed the truck rolled over a few times before it stopped (ended up on it's roof).

UU
01-18-2009, 11:51 PM
:dontknow: maybe ditch the accent

gavman
01-18-2009, 11:59 PM
[!] immigrants :p

Trailjunkie
01-19-2009, 12:08 AM
whitch accent you usin should try austrailian mite work better.dont know who you asked know one i roll with would have left yah there.

muddy mud skipper
01-19-2009, 12:44 AM
yeah see thats different at postill.if u dont know any1 or they havent seen u there alot they wont help at all.i try to but some times my truck dosent have the power to help lol.

man has postill changed over the years[16]

MUD CHILD
01-19-2009, 12:51 AM
That's sucks that nobody helped... BUT first rule of wheeling HAVE A TOW BUDDY!!! Anyways glad to hear you got out[cheers]

D-Ass
01-19-2009, 12:57 AM
thats shitty bud but you got to get out and meet a little more people other wise they assume you are just another kid messing around once people meet you it will get better if not :dontknow:

regulate34
01-19-2009, 08:11 AM

regulate34
01-19-2009, 08:15 AM
i would have helped but i was busy cahnging peoples tires
and keeping the fire going
plus i dident see you
and my 2wd ford would haved cused more trouble then its worth
ware were you stuck on 2nd beach every one was stuck at the entrance
and some people parcked fucking stupid
like when i was pulling out their was some guy in a black blazed or jimmy
parcked like a moron just sitting in his truck
well i was about 1/2 an inch from taking his mirror with me
but he just sits their fucking oblivious to everything

trencher
01-19-2009, 08:22 AM
thats shitty bud but you got to get out and meet a little more people other wise they assume you are just another kid messing around once people meet you it will get better if not :dontknow:

Sorry but kids or not you don't leave people stranded...little fuckers may irritate the everyone sometimes but thats no reason to leave them to thier own devices......in the winter especially [16]

HEAVY METAL
01-19-2009, 08:54 AM
didtn see ya or i woulda pulled ya out....yo

Pegleg
01-19-2009, 09:06 AM
Well, today i found out 2 things...
One, my truck doesn't stay on top of the snow like a Zuk does;
Two, don't get stuck as people are leaving...and without knowing anybody there. I've asked numerous people to help me out but...who knows, maybe they didn't like my accent. :confused0006: That kinda left a bitter taste in my mouth.
It took me probably an hour to inch my way out of it.
On my way back a 1'st gen Ford Probe went off the road, on top of the snow bank I gave them a hand to get the car back on the road.
Then 10 min on the paved road, I asw a truck rolled over on the side of the road; Cops and fire department just arrived on the scene though.
Anyway, great day otherwise.

we passed u at sayers,i was in the green fullsize blazer and u were still going up then......u got stuck at the top where the kids were shooting?????:confused:

barracuda
01-19-2009, 09:10 AM
whitch accent you usin should try austrailian mite work better.dont know who you asked know one i roll with would have left yah there.

he would have been left for sure :cool:

Ginger Snaps
01-19-2009, 09:32 AM
yeah dude shoulda came and got me i woulda pulled you out

RIFF RAFF
01-19-2009, 10:43 AM
I'll post my pics later, I'm done for today. I don't have any of me being stuck though. I was too busy trying to figure out how to get out :)
Does anyone know if the guys in the rolled over truck are ok? It seemed the truck rolled over a few times before it stopped (ended up on it's roof).

my old man and matt stopped at that accident. they were ok. cuts to the head and shaken. they had 2 dogs but could only find one. they think the other one got thrown far into the bush or is stuck under the truck:(

Ginger Snaps
01-19-2009, 10:48 AM
yeah it didnt look good the two people and the dog where fine but could not find the other one me and reece had to leave though did all we could there was allready other people helping and help was on the way.

Razon
01-19-2009, 11:19 AM
we passed u at sayers,i was in the green fullsize blazer and u were still going up then......u got stuck at the top where the kids were shooting?????:confused:

No, I talked to those kids, then I gave a try to the road to the lookout ( I made it a few feet further than the tracks were going), then I went on 2'nd beach, talked to a few people I knew, the girls had some wine, and then I went up the creek on 1'st beach... I went through the water going up, but on the way back I water to cross this "island" and my truck just sank in the snow.
Somebody saw me, and they were shining a bright spot light at me. I tried to talk to them but the creek noise was too loud... He just kept on driving.
I got the attention of another truck... They said they'll send their buddy to give me a tug. The truck left, but nobody came back. Then my buddy went to get help. He asked 2 people but still nobody came. He walked through the river so his feet froze. He was very "frustrated" at this point. :)
I used my hi-lift to crush the hard crust of snow under the truck, then I dropped my air below where my gauge can read and slowly I was able to back out where I came from, since forward I wasn't able to climb back on top of the snow.
I know I should never go alone, but considering how many people are there, I didn't think nobody will help.

Razon
01-19-2009, 11:21 AM
Good to know these guys are ok, hope they found the other dog and he's ok too.

Honky
01-19-2009, 11:24 AM
The road was closed when I crossed the accident. hope they find the other dog in good shape.

Razon never play at dusk

barracuda
01-19-2009, 11:58 AM
you went to stave yesterday?

RIFF RAFF
01-19-2009, 12:02 PM
my dad seen a brown dog this morning running down by 250th. and there dog was a brown dog... hopefully someone know these people and can tell them...

Ginger Snaps
01-19-2009, 12:07 PM
the dogs name is james i belive they said it was a small pitbull

Metal Mulisha
01-19-2009, 01:01 PM
I dont think it should matter whether he knows anybody or not.....if you can help...then you should. Unless he was bein a Dick about it, but i know Razon & i'm sure he wasnt. So what if he's got an accent, that means we shouldn't help?, thats Bullshit. He's a good guy. Glad you got out OK.

RIFF RAFF
01-19-2009, 04:13 PM
reece found somebody elses stray dog[15] [15]

Little Samurai
01-19-2009, 06:06 PM
I was stuck pretty good on 2nd beach at one point and another Zuk came over to get me out but left the Jeep Cherokee that was stuck beside me so I tugged him out and then lit a fire right where we were. The truck that bit it on Dewdney probably hit the black ice around 281st that almost got me on my way to Stave...I was towing a trailer behind the Samurai so it was a hell of a ride trying to stay on the road. Fishtailed about 4 or 5 times across both lanes over the course of about 200ft!!!!!! Glad they were ok. I wouldn't have left ya there either, I have even given full size trucks a pull if they are not stuck too bad.

Candy
01-19-2009, 06:27 PM
we woulda pulled ya out if we were there...
glad you got out okay man...

Razon
01-19-2009, 08:35 PM
I know most people would help. It's something I kinda took for granted so far, even though I never had to ask so far (because I'm probably not adventurous enough). [cheers] That's exactly why I think this was...well, fucked up.
After all that still, there is always somebody to give you a hand, which is cool.

jkgirl
01-19-2009, 08:36 PM
oh no razon this is terrible i wish i was there to help you out as you have pulled me out many times... i have seen that too; people see you stuck watch you then drive away.... NEVER LEAVE A MAN BEHIND people

Honky
01-19-2009, 10:18 PM
i'm the third type and if it's a busy day a little of the 4th

I've helped alot of people out and broke my truck trying.

you sound really bitter. like I said before be smart about getting stuck. DON'T play when the sun is starting to go down. I know shit happens but I shake my head when I see people (not you) heading out deep or going into no mans land. I've help those people out a few times...the last time was city folk and they turned out to be assholes....but that is just one story.

I wont be yanking anyone I don't know in no mans land from now on. I'll help them get to the road...make sure they are ok... call a tow truck but I'm not takin my truck in there again

Moondog
01-19-2009, 10:43 PM
I used to always stop and help / pull out anyone who needed help. But after a series of breakages on my Jeep and at least 4 brand new straps snapping and promises of cash rembursment for helping (which I never recieved) I will only stop and pull out / help people I know personally. I will stop and ask if you are ok and like Kev said offer to call a tow truck or find a friend for you but thats as far as it goes.

Razon
01-19-2009, 11:12 PM
i'm the third type and if it's a busy day a little of the 4th

I've helped alot of people out and broke my truck trying.

you sound really bitter. like I said before be smart about getting stuck. DON'T play when the sun is starting to go down. I know shit happens but I shake my head when I see people (not you) heading out deep or going into no mans land. I've help those people out a few times...the last time was city folk and they turned out to be assholes....but that is just one story.

I wont be yanking anyone I don't know in no mans land from now on. I'll help them get to the road...make sure they are ok... call a tow truck but I'm not takin my truck in there again

Ok, I didn't mean to be bitter, so I edited my post [cheers]

HEAVY METAL
01-20-2009, 09:14 AM
i cant tell ya how many peesp tripoe b and i have pulled out.. and will continue too do so..

atoyot
01-20-2009, 09:59 AM
shitty u got stuck with out anyone to tug you..........I saw u rippin around , would have come to help as well if we saw u stranded or atleast come by to yell some comments and kick snow at ya(b4 we tug ya out hahaha)... .. met u a couple times u seem like a good guy....
But being only stuck enough that only an HOUR of self extraction is needed isnt stuck its a BEER BREAK..........

Honky
01-20-2009, 10:34 AM
i cant tell ya how many peesp tripoe b and i have pulled out.. and will continue too do so..

I don't think anyone has pulled more people out then Heavy and his Spitfire [36]

fredyfingers
01-20-2009, 12:44 PM
I remeber passin u in my green truck, I was in with peggy.

muddy mud skipper
01-21-2009, 12:15 PM
ill keep pullin people out to the best my truck can do.im not going to break my truck trying to pull some1 out but ill at least give u a ride to town to call at tow truck.

dirka dave
01-21-2009, 02:04 PM

Same here, I have destroyed 2 winches, 2 sets of springs and I still keep doing it...[16]

Even pulled a plane out.:confused0006:

Then It pulled me out.:o