whats involved ?
wheres the best place to get one ? maple ridge area
how much is it ?

stevem
01-08-2009, 08:42 PM
they check everything

kootenaycat
01-08-2009, 09:52 PM
Check out the thread above this one. And here's the form for private inspections.
http://www.funinbc.com/vi/vi-scan.jpg
You'll get the same inspection as a Notice and Order.

Degrassi_96
01-08-2009, 11:05 PM
I brought my ranger in from washington and they went nuts on some stuff and completely ignored others. I had a very very small pin hole in the tail pipe that they wanted fixed but the gaping hole in the floorboards was ignored. Just make sure there is no play in any of the steering, no leaks of any fluids or exhaust, your brakes must be newer then 75% (I think), all lights must work and not be covered by anything, no cracks in any glass and all seatbelts and safety equiptment must be functional.
It doesn't matter what you do, you will still have to fix something. That's almost guaranteed

stevem
01-09-2009, 12:01 AM
the only fluids you cant leak are power steering and brake fluid,you can take you drain plug out of you oil pan and still pass.

kootenaycat
01-10-2009, 12:32 AM
they check everything

the only fluids you cant leak are power steering and brake fluid,you can take you drain plug out of you oil pan and still pass.

But you just said they check everything. :confused: :D

As for oil leaks, if it's not dripping on exhaust which could flame up, I wouldn't worry about it.

Mrs_Deathtrap
01-10-2009, 11:27 AM
There are different checks from different provinces. My dad just took his truck from alberta in to get one, it was brand new and passed just needed a new windshield. Can't have a crack or chip in it, but the guy said that if it was from Sask, that would have been ok so long as it didn't go across your feild of vision. Best thing to do is call a place that does them and ask what they check for and what would need to be fixed or replaced.