PDA

View Full Version : Xj CB Mounts

blacksn95
12-30-2008, 02:47 PM
Ok Guys lets see emm!! I need to mount mine and need some ideas on where to stick my big rod!!!

lornix
12-30-2008, 04:22 PM
In my XJ I have the rear seat permanently folded forward because it's a 2-door and the back seat is useless anyway. I have the CB mounted between the 2 front seats and anchored to the folded rear seat with 2 long-ass bolts and butterfly nuts. I punched 'em right through the folded seat and there it sits. It works well. A pain in the ass to switch channels or adjust it, but anywhere else it was mounted was just waiting to get torn off.

I'll throw up a picture if I remember to take one. The antenna is mounted on the front driver's fender near the window seam.

As far as where you can stick your rod .... ask yer gramma [cheers]

Happypants
12-31-2008, 11:54 AM
i have my cb mounted on the center console of my jeep near the dash on the pass side, either that or if you get a smaller cb you can cut out the vent under the heat controls and put it there, as for your big rod, try slamming it in a door hahah, mine is on the drivers quarter panel near the window,

nbrowser
12-31-2008, 06:34 PM
I fabbed up a pair of brackets using punched strapped and screwed my radio to my dash, then used some self tappers and shot the antenna into the right rear quarter panel....although that might be getting mored one fine day....as soon as I can find a frickin Trans for my XJ !

norm
01-01-2009, 08:08 AM
I took a small piece of alum tubing(tent pole?)flattened both ends and ran it
from the roll bar left to right then mounted cb right above strg wheel up against roof.(between sunvisor and roof)easy to use while wheel'n and built in speaker just above your
head.may not work for a tall person,only time I hit it is when i'm not belted in.

BTW

HAPPY NEW YEARS[cheers]

jeepxj89
01-01-2009, 11:40 PM
i dont have any pictures of mine, but i had it mounted on the front fender then the rear quarter and it kept getting broken off. so my solution was to get a small piece of angle iron drill 4 small holes in it that self tapping screws could work there way through, and one larger hole in the other end for the adapter to bolt into.

then i took a small holesaw, just a little bit bigger than the end of the coxial cable and sawed through the rear hatch, fed the cable through and ran it under the panels up the side of the hatch and into the plastic panel by the drivers far rear window. filled in the rest of the hole with gasket maker and screwed the bracket to the hatch and never had a problem.

i also mounted my cb to the passenger side of the center console up by the dash.