PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard of these guys?

xtremeyj
12-22-2008, 09:57 PM
Buddy of mine was thinkin of using the 4" kit for his JK, asked me but Ive never heard of them, anyone got any info? just seems to cheap to me and could be similar to Rough Country, and, well we all know what to think of them.

http://www.zoneoffroad.ca/default.cfm?fa=products&ProdCategoryID=3

Justin_B
12-22-2008, 10:18 PM
you get what you pay for right? i learned that the hardway, now im waiting on my rubicon express lift[cheers]

barracuda
12-22-2008, 11:21 PM
In a perfect world you would get what you pay for, but we dont live in that world so the key is figureing out which is the best choice and performance for your money . Sometimes even if things are a similer price one product may be far better for you then the other.
These could be good value or they might be craptacular items that are only worth scrap value in weight

If you want to figure out a good working kit go to Nutbar or B on here and i am sure they can give you the skinny on the good the bad and the fugly Kits .

If its a bush beater truck it might not matter for ride & stuff as much but a nice newer vehicle like a jk would be better served with a good quality kit i would think.

dirka dave
12-23-2008, 12:19 AM
If it's going on a heep, what does it matter ??:dontknow:

Probably going to fall off anyways....[16]

:eek:

D-Ass
12-23-2008, 01:38 AM
I am running there 3" kit right now the only thing that I don't like is there aal other than that it is a great kit nsor is the distributor of there stuff and it isn't that badly priced I got mine for 350 tax in ( also it IS made by bsd as a lower priced starter kit sold as zone off road but has the same build quality)

HEAVY METAL
12-23-2008, 08:06 AM
bsd=BDS?

Kraqa
12-23-2008, 08:49 PM
relocation brakets for track bars tear off.

urethan bushings on both ends of the track bar??? i wouldn't run it. your gogin to get your flex out of the adjustment portion of the track bar. that and after abotu 6 months those bushings will be SHOT.

in this case i wodul agree with the others. you get what you pay for.

if i was poor and wanted height i woudl go for it.

but then again when i was in that boat i have a 5.5" lift on all stock shit and it drove liek crap.

Justin_B
12-23-2008, 09:57 PM
[QUOTE=Kraqa;1351959]relocation brakets for track bars tear off.
QUOTE]

Exactly what happend to mine, and it wasnt fun, only took me 6 hours to get to the entrance of harrisongo fuck yourself from doctors point

B
12-24-2008, 12:13 AM
there not a lift kit company they design and build and test nothing all they do is farm parts from the lowest bidder ie cheapest and shittest parts and call them lift kits ...

even for street use they will not hold up for long have a little fun and you will spend more fixing issues they cause ...

it's what we see day in and out .... and why companys like rubicon and other's stand out ... if you have a problem id want something someone took pride in and with take care of you with it's why we no longer deal teraflex as when issues ocurred they said meh that suck's must be the user's lack of matinance ... or sorry you warrenty period is over .... and on and on

B ....

xtremeyj
12-24-2008, 07:09 AM
Thats about what I thought too, but wanted some other opinions to back it up, thanks guys.

Happypants
12-24-2008, 11:09 AM
there junk kits, just like B said, they only design and build them, but shitty quality, like ive said over and over, you get what you pay for, and rubicon express, hands down the best lift kits out there on the market right now,

Kraqa
12-24-2008, 11:21 AM
there junk kits, just like B said, they only design and build them, but shitty quality, like ive said over and over, you get what you pay for, and rubicon express, hands down the best lift kits out there on the market right now,

i'd say bolt on kits.

if you want somethign with a bit more look at clayton's hard parts.

He makes by far the best long arm kits for jeeps. Not sure if he has JK stuff yet. but if you called him i'm sure he'd put it together.

you'd be looking at a few g notes.

if not Call B and have him get you the parts you need.

Happypants
12-24-2008, 11:24 AM
i'd say bolt on kits.

you know what i mean, lol