View Full Version : finally learned how to post pics

mark
12-16-2008, 10:15 PM
i finally figured it out, pretty easy, heres my shiz

BuckNaked
12-16-2008, 10:16 PM
saweeeet ford dont see to many
________
Facebook Stocks (http://apps.facebook.com/popstocks/)

MikeWild
12-16-2008, 11:28 PM
finally figured it out?? It only took 2 years and 2 months later from when you signed up? :D

Nice looking rig![cheers]

In The Zone
12-17-2008, 04:53 AM
Nice FORD

whazhappenin69
12-17-2008, 10:27 AM
Nice Ford, I need to SAS mine......

Troy
12-17-2008, 10:12 PM
neato front blocks

HEAVY METAL
12-17-2008, 10:27 PM
neato front blocks

they r whats refered too as a zero rate spring and perfectly fine and legal...:)

Explorer guy418
12-17-2008, 10:35 PM
they r whats refered too as a zero rate spring and perfectly fine and legal...:)
more info please....:confused0006:

Ginger Snaps
12-17-2008, 11:16 PM
ahh wernt you stuck down at east stave maylong with 2 other fords...and you bought a 205 from me awhile ago.. kool truck man lets go wheeeling

sj-x 500
12-17-2008, 11:38 PM
it's like 1 inch. it's a spacer. most spring perches are that big.

Troy
12-17-2008, 11:55 PM

i dont think front blocks are illegal or against any regulations in the mva..

no matter how you look at it though, a zero rate or add a leaf, spacer.. still a block, blocks are ghetto, no more lego blocks fer me

nice to see you have crossover steering and your front leaf brackets look good!

HEAVY METAL
12-18-2008, 07:22 AM
more info please....:confused0006:

its a 1" block that bolts too ur spring back, also used too move the axle forward/back 1 and 1.5"

mark
12-22-2008, 07:36 PM
neato front blocks

actually its not a block. its part of a custom perch that i had to WELD in after rotating my pumpkin up 12*.

mark
12-22-2008, 07:39 PM
ahh wernt you stuck down at east stave maylong with 2 other fords...and you bought a 205 from me awhile ago.. kool truck man lets go wheeeling

ya that was me at east stave. wich truck were you in. ive bought alot of 205s over the past while not sure wich one was yours?

HEAVY METAL
12-22-2008, 08:28 PM
ya that was me at east stave. wich truck were you in. ive bought alot of 205s over the past while not sure wich one was yours?

i think i pulled you out that day....

Ginger Snaps
12-22-2008, 09:46 PM
no that was nutbar you pulled the red step side out yo...

Ginger Snaps
12-22-2008, 09:48 PM

i was in a white 4runner and i had that black bronco at the time

Bronco Boy
12-23-2008, 10:08 AM
i dont think front blocks are illegal or against any regulations in the mva..
Blocks are only legal on a front axle if they are tied to the spring with the center pin. If the block is held there with the u-bolts, that is illegal.

m j
12-23-2008, 11:04 AM
Semis use lift blocks alla time,
the Western Star I drove at the last job had double stacked lift blocks and they floated all over the place when the u bolts got loose
the steer axle would move inches when the ubolts were fucked
that thing passed safety inspection for 20 years, including random roadsides, it was also owned by a driving school for years so it got extra attention from inspectors.

legal doesnt matter much, they are just a bad idea.
calling them super fantabulous zero rate doesnt change the fact they are lift blocks.
the tiny little 5/16th or 3/8th spring center bolt doesnt do anything more then the locating pin on the cheap blocks (other then to make it possible to move the axle off the spring center )
the only way the cheapo versions can come loose is if the U bolts are loose enough to allow the pin to come out the hole
if the ubolts get that loose on the zero crap the pin will pop oputa the axle and be flopping around just as bad

the only thing I really hate about those things is that they are marketed as being safer then other blocks because they use the center bolt.
very little difference in regards to safety in that regard, better materials does add a shitload of safety vs 'over the counter' junk lift blocks.
I have seen aluminum blocks that have failed, I have owned junk aftermarket cast blocks that have split in half, but the solid billet ones I had made never failed

Bronco Boy
12-23-2008, 11:11 AM
Bullshit Bronco boy
Call it what you want, but the word came right from Victoria.

Semis use lift blocks alla time,
the Western Star I drove at the last job had double stacked lift blocks and they floated all over the place when the u bolts got loose
the steer axle would move inches when the ubolts were fucked

legal d
We're not talking about commercial regs.

m j
12-23-2008, 11:16 AM
Blocks are only legal on a front axle if they are tied to the spring with the center pin. If the block is held there with the u-bolts, that is illegal.

chapter and verse please, cause I dont believe you at all.
every block is held in place by pins, the same pins that hold the axle in place on every leaf sprung vehicle

m j
12-23-2008, 11:19 AM
Call it what you want, but the word came right from Victoria.

We're not talking about commercial regs.

of course not, because real safety regs are not left up to provincial governments
I have never seen a block from any OEM that was held in place by the centerpin, which means there is no real safety reg requiring it.
the best you can get is a guideline from the province if it exists.

Bronco Boy
12-23-2008, 11:28 AM
chapter and verse please, cause I dont believe you at all.
Sorry MJ, I don't give a rats ass what you think. No wait, I'm not sorry.

very block is held in place by pins, the same pins that hold the axle in place on every leaf sprung vehicle
Every block eh? I don't believe you. 99.9% of the trucks I've seen have the blocks sandwiched between the leaf and the perch. If that block fails, hell breaks loose, thus why they want the block tied to the spring via the center pin.

Anyways, at the time of the phone call (5 years ago), we were confirming that the use of lift lift blocks on a front steering axle were illegal. Victoria informed us that they recently changed the regs to allow them, as long as they were tied to the spring and couldn't fall out. I never saw it in writing, but what Victoria says, goes. My manual is very old, so it doesn't support the updated regs.

I can provide the phone number to Victoria if you would like to confirm my bullshit.

Bronco Boy
12-23-2008, 11:31 AM
of course not, because real safety regs are not left up to provincial governments
So, the MVA is not "real" safety regs?

I have never seen a block from any OEM that was held in place by the centerpin,
How many OEM lift blocks have you seen on the front axle of a brand new vehicle?

thomas d
01-21-2009, 06:09 PM
very nice

In The Zone
01-21-2009, 07:44 PM
Not much diff between front lift blocks and pinion angle shims is there?

both are used so live with it...