PDA

View Full Version : 6 inch lift.

mus-Tard
12-15-2008, 02:39 PM
hay l am thinking about a 6 inch (or so) lift for my 90 F-250 which has a dana 60 sas and was wondering if any one has any recomendations or advice for the project.

thanks[cheers]

Happypants
12-15-2008, 02:57 PM
what you need to know? you doing a sas on it with a d60 or does is have a d60 sfa already in it?

chevy69chevelle
12-15-2008, 10:37 PM
what you need to know? you doing a sas on it with a d60 or does is have a d60 sfa already in it?

hay l am thinking about a 6 inch (or so) lift for my 90 F-250 which has a dana 60 sas and was wondering if any one has any recomendations or advice for the project.

thanks[cheers]

mus-Tard
12-16-2008, 12:57 AM
l have a dana 60 in it and a friend of mine has a set of front lift springs for a super duty and they do look like they fit.

l guess what l am wondering about is if l should try to go the cheep way of using these springs and brake lines and shocks and basicly piece it together or should l go out and pay through the ass for a lift kit.

l had to run to T&T auto today for a V belt and inquired there about it and l was told for a kit with blocks for the back was $1800 and if l wanted springs in the back $3000 (sky jacker). now l thing l would rather a cheeper brand if l was to get a kit but l realy dont know what way l want to go to get the height l am looking for.

l dont know if l should just try to piece it all together or pay for a kit and what kit should l get. its an old beaten up truck and l dont need a fancy expencive kit. l also do haul a lot of weight. its a 3/4 ton and l use it as one.

Happypants
12-16-2008, 02:57 AM
kit should be really straight forward, but from what i have seen with skyjacker springs is there really stiff, but that was in smaller vehicles, yours is bigger hence longer springs, so they might not be too bad, i would say for 1800 bucks its not bad, just pull the leafs and get them re-arched and military wrapped before you put the blocks in to keep the springs from being killed really quick,

mus-Tard
12-16-2008, 01:20 PM
what is military wrapped?

and l guess abby springs would be able to re-arch them?

Happypants
12-16-2008, 01:22 PM
abby spring, carrier spring, i goto carrier spring cause there a bit cheaper, Military wrap is the curl over of the second leaf around the main leaf eye. It is designed such that if the mainleaf breaks, the secondary leaf will keep the spring pack attached to the vehicle to help minimize damage and to allow you to limp home.

patford
12-16-2008, 06:33 PM
If the shackal is in the front of the truck looked into a reverseal kit,
it puts shackal in the rear smoother ride and about 5 inch lift ,couple
where for sell on bc 4x4 . Then do a shack flip in the rear , cheap
and about same lift . Do some searches should find lots info .

mus-Tard
12-16-2008, 11:29 PM
ok thank you. l am thinking of going real cheep for now so l can spend my money on my cougar this winter so it will be ready for the race track in the summer. so a shackal reverseal kit sounds pritty good to me.

fordpower
12-19-2008, 11:02 AM
I got a front shackle reversal kit for ya? The other one on bc4x4 sold. Mine is a 5" lift . I really need it gone! Comes with backet, shackles, track arm drop. Just needs bolts.... was asking 250. But for you 200 Cash and its your. Its brand new. Used for about two trips.