PDA

View Full Version : diesel vs gas

fullsizebronco
12-13-2008, 12:52 AM
is there a strength difference between the gears in a f250 diesel and a f250 gas ? i some how managed to blow something in my front and rear end in the same outing in my 94 f250 turbo diesel :dontknow: ... so i need to fix it and was going over my options

fordpower
12-14-2008, 11:22 AM
Wow Really. I am sure they are the same?:party0010:

Deathtrap
12-14-2008, 10:26 PM
The rear should be the same, but as for the front, some of the gassers got the TTB44HD instead of the TTB50. How did you manage to blow both of them, I could see taking out the front but the rear as well, what did you break in them? spiders?

Steev
12-15-2008, 08:53 PM
What size tires are you running??

I thought the 10.25 rear was pretty beefy....

fullsizebronco
12-20-2008, 12:23 PM
ha ha only 31" bfg m/ts and i thought it was a u joint in the front at first but there still fine drive shaft spins and nothing else happends so im guessing the crown front and rear and i was trying to pull a buddy out of postill he was stuck stupid bad and i was being dumb trying to help get him out i did not have enough strap to get a good mo mo pull so i was trying little ones and bang went the front and lol then bang went the rear i was able to limp it out of postill because of having some teeth but just as i made it down the road the rear drive shaft could not take the rear ends teeth catching and fell out so just about the worst thing ever i havent been able to drive my truck in over a month and i dont know how to fix a rear end and not sure if i can afford to get it done sucks !

Deathtrap
12-21-2008, 12:33 PM
Have you checked pick'n pull in the westside? a complete axle assembly is only around $250-300 and theres usually a few 10.25's floating around in there, you should be able to find a matching front as well.

fullsizebronco
12-21-2008, 10:04 PM
ha ha no its been to cold to go check again but when i was last there almost all of the rear ends where gone its been a piss off for sure ! anyone have a set of gears they want to install in my truck for me lol ?

fullsizebronco
12-21-2008, 10:16 PM
oh and do you have to pill the axle shafts out to remover the rear end? i was talkin to a guy who said you dont have to but i dont belive him lol

Reaper
12-21-2008, 10:20 PM
oh and do you have to pill the axle shafts out to remover the rear end? i was talkin to a guy who said you dont have to but i dont belive him lol

to remove the carrier and gears yes you have to pull the axles
if your just pulling the entire rearend off the truck no

fullsizebronco
12-21-2008, 10:23 PM
lol i know that lol i have done a full rear end before i just have no idea how to set up the gears in the back so i dont burn them out but thanx for your answer thats what i thought

Reaper
12-21-2008, 10:27 PM
if you where closer I would give ya a hand doing the gears just did the front axle of my truck this morning took about 3 hrs. put in some 4.10's

fullsizebronco
12-21-2008, 10:34 PM
aww thanx anyway ! it sucks so bad to not even be able to move it at all still starts up in the cold weather we have been having