PDA

View Full Version : 15 quads on the full Honky loop - pics and vid

Honky
12-08-2008, 07:44 PM
Was a great day with 15 quads on full loop starting and ending from my place.

Met some really great guys that can ride the hell out of their quads and it was the first time I seen a side by side in action. I was really impressed with what it can do!

This was a full day hammer down ride with not alot of stopping...here is what I had time to take

Here is a video from the Grim trail

http://www.funinbc.com/videos/quadloop.wmv

Honky
12-08-2008, 08:16 PM
would have made for a great video if we had someone there to film the day

HEAVY METAL
12-08-2008, 08:19 PM
dude.. wrong site..... www.quads.ca

Moondog
12-08-2008, 08:20 PM
Damn i missed a gooder. Stupid wheels:mad:

yummysweet350
12-08-2008, 08:23 PM
looks like a awesome ride :D

barracuda
12-08-2008, 08:30 PM
its funny , People just dont seem to understand how nimble a SXS really is.

so after seeing a sxs in action how do you think it would be for hunting or exploration ?

Honky
12-08-2008, 08:47 PM
dude.. wrong site..... www.quads.ca (http://www.quads.ca)

doood if that was not funinbc I don't know what is!!

so what were you doing Sunday:dontknow: ...yeah thats what I thought

Honky
12-08-2008, 08:49 PM
Cuda you have to see them in action to understand. I kept looking back thinking here we go time to winch him through. I dont think he slowed down all day and did the hill climb that know one else would.

Yes I would buy one for hunting

Moondog
12-08-2008, 08:54 PM
Kev why do you hide the fact that your online? With the price of the side by sides you would be better off paying another $4-5k and buy an 8x8 argo.

Ironman
12-08-2008, 08:56 PM
Kev why do you hide the fact that your online?

hes scared

atoyot
12-08-2008, 08:56 PM
loooks like i missed a saweeet day!!!!!!!!!
and i see another trike!!!!!
trikes rule!!!
ill be there next time bud!!

Honky
12-08-2008, 08:57 PM
a little

Honky
12-08-2008, 08:57 PM
oh you have to meet this guy...he rides as hard as you do

Mudgirl
12-08-2008, 09:10 PM
looks like a good time for sure!!

Old Smella
12-08-2008, 09:16 PM
Cuda you have to see them in action to understand. I kept looking back thinking here we go time to winch him through. I dont think he slowed down all day and did the hill climb that know one else would.

Glenn (the Blue Rhino)

Is probably one of the better technical riders around on a Quad or Sxs. He has about 11000kms on both. Looks like a good time:)

Whats with the Quad with the tires on backwards???

barracuda
12-08-2008, 09:23 PM

I do understand Kevin , I have seen the SXS off road and that was what i was trying to explain to you when we were hunting ,I tried to explain to you that they go most anywhere a quad goes and carry two people and cargo.

I really like the looks of the new Teryx from Kawasaki:party0010:

As for the Argo they are a really good machine for their intended purpose but not realistic for normal trail rideing . If you lived near swamps or muskeg i would say they would be a must have , you would not believe the sort of goo and reeds i went through in mine.

IF Yamaha made them they would be fully sprung with a better drivetrain and would probably be the same price as the argo is now.

I did just get a email from argo and they have a special on for the 6x6 for $6995 which is a pretty reasonable price considering what they normally go for.

Old Smella
12-08-2008, 09:28 PM
I do understand Kevin , I have seen the SXS off road and that was what i was trying to explain to you when we were hunting ,I tried to explain to you that they go most anywhere a quad goes and carry two people and cargo.

Agree for those reasons, I would probably buy Sxs before another Quad. Theres lots of aftermarket products for Rhinos.

Honky
12-08-2008, 09:47 PM
if I bought a side by side I would do this to it

http://www.tippmanndesign.com/

http://www.tippmanndesign.com/images/photogallery/thumbnails/5.jpg

Moondog
12-08-2008, 09:47 PM
As for the Argo they are a really good machine for their intended purpose but not realistic for normal trail rideing . If you lived near swamps or muskeg i would say they would be a must have , you would not believe the sort of goo and reeds i went through in mine.

IF Yamaha made them they would be fully sprung with a better drivetrain and would probably be the same price as the argo is now.

I did just get a email from argo and they have a special on for the 6x6 for $6995 which is a pretty reasonable price considering what they normally go for.

That may have been the case with your old 6x6 but the new Argos are a completely different animal it would quite happily (all be it a bit slowly) run trails. I very nearly bought one the difference between yours and the new ones are as clear cut as day and night.

.[/quote]

rockycotton
12-08-2008, 09:58 PM
Love the pics , bet it was a blast ... I really going to have to think of getting one of those machines ... So cool [36]

crazydude
12-08-2008, 10:07 PM
Man that looked like so much fun.

kootenaycat
12-08-2008, 10:28 PM
Sounds like it was a fun day! That's a lot of quads to keep moving along, usually more then 4 guys and most of the ride is spent stopped and BS'ing.

As for the SxS, if I had the money I'd buy one and keep my Grizz. There are a lot of trails here that the SxS would go easily and a lot of places it just won't fit - steep sidehill trails where the outside tire on my 700 is almost hanging over the edge and a few where the trees are just too close together and too big to start cutting. When I'm old and can't ride my quad anymore, then I may get a Rhino. :D

Did the guy say how the ride quality was? I would think sitting on your ass all day would be jarring on the back. Half the time I'm standing up to let the quad soak up the bumps.

MundusPax
12-08-2008, 11:15 PM
darn it, I knew I should have went on this trip too
well, next time I hope

Zibi
12-08-2008, 11:26 PM
With the price of the side by sides you would be better off paying another $4-5k and buy an 8x8 argo.

Rhino has a lot more ground clearance than a Argo. Spent a lot of time beating on my Grampa's 6x6 when I was younger and it was good so long as you didn't need ground clearance. Only place I managed to get the Rhino stuck was somewhere I shouldn't have been

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk91/zibi_pictures/Spring-Summer010.jpg

And Kootenaycat, that Rhino which is my Grampas has a heater, roof, and canvas sides, things like driving an offroad golf cart with lockers. He's moved to the coast though so if you want to get a leg up on old age I'm sure he'd sell it to you :)

barracuda
12-08-2008, 11:29 PM

That may have been the case with your old 6x6 but the new Argos are a completely different animal it would quite happily (all be it a bit slowly) run trails. I very nearly bought one the difference between yours and the new ones are as clear cut as day and night.

.[/quote]

Mine would have had no problem doing any of those trails but because they are unsprung it would not have been very comfortable.

with an AATV you really need the 8x8 to fully appreciate what they are meant for .

if i was to get another one it would have to be an 8x8 and probaly a triton predator if i could find one

here is a pretty good site http://www.route6x6.com/info/info.html

barracuda
12-08-2008, 11:30 PM
if I bought a side by side I would do this to it

http://www.tippmanndesign.com/

http://www.tippmanndesign.com/images/photogallery/thumbnails/5.jpg

that is just FUGLY

regulate34
12-09-2008, 06:46 AM

yea i know we heckeled him at the cabin for a good while
beacuse tires is his job and he still messed it up

Hoodlum
12-09-2008, 08:40 AM
cool pics man, looks like quite the quad run. :D

Cookie
12-09-2008, 09:24 AM
damn i wish i could have stayed down there for a few more days.next time im down kev im showin up and were doin that run .all i got to do was get stuck at the flats within 2 mins.lol

NickB
12-09-2008, 09:45 AM
Sorry I missed it Kevin. My Dam guts won't stop hurting. So upset that I missed it. Glad you guys had fun though

surreysinner
12-09-2008, 02:00 PM
My bro took me out in his rhino and i was really shocked how well it performed. Its nice having the passenger to bs with, being able to have a drink holder, be able to carry excessive gear and the seats come out for when your stopped.

The argo I went out on was really cool as well but not a very pleasant ride and it sucked really bad the faster you went.

barracuda
12-09-2008, 02:28 PM
the Argos are nice but they are really the same basic design since 1967 .
It is a differential with steering brakes with a high low trans . the same basic design is pretty dam old and only changed when it had to. If one was to take one apart they would see how simple they are .

My old attex was considered the best of the 6x6 designs with the T20 and the big disc brakes but it was and is still the same basic design they all use to this day(attex was made till the eighties) mechanical Chain drive , snowmobile clutch and industrial motor ( some of the attexes had 30 and forty HP two strokes :party0010: )

Been into theese machines for years and been in a few different ones and owned a couple and they are all pretty limited in the same way in so much as rideability .
The Hydrostatic ones are the cats ass but real pricey .

Theres a fellow in the states that makes a springer attex conversion which would be really cool to have here are some videos
http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s124/whipper-ag/

I figure if the Argo had suspension they would cleanup in the AATV market and make a serious dent in the RUV market ,

I guess one can dream :confused0006:

bakelite
12-09-2008, 03:40 PM
Looks like a lot of fun, a good day, thanks for the pictures[cheers] .... been thinking of going to a side by side cuz my knee kills me on my quad so I never hardly ride it. :dontknow:

gavman
12-09-2008, 07:16 PM
That looks like a great day out[36]
Need quad, need quad...

vajayjay
12-09-2008, 08:23 PM
That looks like a great day out[36]
Need quad, need quad...
[iagree]

78f150
12-09-2008, 09:38 PM
Let me know when the next one is I'm in

dari
12-09-2008, 11:06 PM
sweet man[cheers]

Cwheeler
12-10-2008, 07:44 PM
dam it, I need a quad!

boyzen
12-10-2008, 08:21 PM
Glenn (the Blue Rhino)

Is probably one of the better technical riders around on a Quad or Sxs. He has about 11000kms on both. Looks like a good time:)

huh

kootenaycat
12-10-2008, 08:35 PM
And Kootenaycat, that Rhino which is my Grampas has a heater, roof, and canvas sides, things like driving an offroad golf cart with lockers. He's moved to the coast though so if you want to get a leg up on old age I'm sure he'd sell it to you :)

Thanks, but not yet! I'm damn near 40, but still try to act like I'm in my 20's until my body tells me I'm not! :D Got the 800 Summit up for sale now, going to buy tracks for the Grizz. When that hurts too much, then it'll be a side X side.

dirka dave
12-10-2008, 08:38 PM
Looks like a fun day....

Now fix your jeep so we can go wheelin' again....

Honky
12-10-2008, 08:49 PM
you have no idea how much I'm missin wheelin

Truckstuff
12-11-2008, 09:30 AM
Excellent turn out. Must have been an excellent day.[cheers]

Zibi
12-11-2008, 01:23 PM
Thanks, but not yet! I'm damn near 40, but still try to act like I'm in my 20's until my body tells me I'm not! :D Got the 800 Summit up for sale now, going to buy tracks for the Grizz. When that hurts too much, then it'll be a side X side.

My grampa rode a quad until it hurt too much to get his leg over, and I think that was at age 76 or 77 so you've got no excuse to give up the Grizz just yet [cheers]

jnyblazer
12-12-2008, 12:01 AM
looks like a scouting crew for the full size trucks, and that side by side kicks butt, honky you seen the lift kits for those units![36]

HEAVY METAL
12-12-2008, 07:36 AM
you have no idea how much I'm missin wheelin

i do brother.. i do[cheers]

barracuda
12-26-2008, 12:53 PM
what size was the Rhino? was it the 450 or the 660/700? I have only seen the big bore out and about but i have heard because of the gearing the 450 are actually better suited for the tight and technical stuff .

spanky
12-26-2008, 01:16 PM
nice pics looks like you all had a good time

ez_b
12-27-2008, 06:38 PM
next timen you go do this loop let me know, ive got a few buds that would want to do that ride

Honky
12-27-2008, 06:51 PM
as soon as the snow melts...lets do this!