PDA

View Full Version : federal tires

bustamove
12-04-2008, 10:49 PM
has anyone run one of these Couragia M/T, im looking to buy some.. can't be any worse on wet roads than my mud kings.(biggest gripe)
there going for about 173 a tire for 31 10.5 r15

http://www.federaltire.com/en/html/pdetail.php?DB=suv&pdline=2&ID=28

frogger
12-04-2008, 10:53 PM
how much?

HEAVY METAL
12-04-2008, 10:55 PM
if you buy tires from the price alone... u'll end up wiht a shitty tire...

MetalMan
12-04-2008, 10:59 PM
At least it's got siping. Probably be much better on wet roads than Mud Kings.

bustamove
12-04-2008, 11:06 PM
its gonna be $785 (4) with tax and install.. i was originally looking for truxus m/t but lowest i seen was 1050 tax for tires alone..

but these guys have been around for 50 years..so it says on there site
im not too worried about wear as its a 31 on a sidekick

Moondog
12-04-2008, 11:31 PM
If you want a good performing long lasting tire in that size you should use the BFG Mud Terrain. You only get what you pay for.

Moondog
12-04-2008, 11:36 PM
If not the BFG then try these http://mickeythompsontires.com/truck.php?item=BajaMTZRadial&sku=5251&size=31X10.50R15LT&type=LT

Trooper
12-04-2008, 11:58 PM
Yokohama geolander mts I really like them side walls are a little weak for heaver vehicles. I got some 31"s for about 160 each. I got about 100000k out of them on a trooper. Still about 25% when I sold it

tchevy
12-05-2008, 01:10 AM
:s30x: Yokohama geolander mts I really like them side walls are a little weak for heaver vehicles. I got some 31"s for about 160 each. I got about 100000k out of them on a trooper. Still about 25% when I sold it

Happypants
12-05-2008, 01:27 PM
heh swampers are really fun in the rain,

mickey thompsons are a really good rain/snow tire, had a set of claws on my jeep then they went to another buddys truck, and he sold them to another buddy of mine and now there at our shop and they still have some tread on them

barracuda
12-05-2008, 01:47 PM
I have had BFG's seperate on me get punctures really easy and basically come undone from mild wheeling. not a tire i would trust.
For the price you pay for BFG they should give you two sets of tires because you will no doubt need them to equal one set of good tires.

plenty of better tires out there and sometimes the less expensive ones work out better in the long run . I have had the Mudkings which seem to be tougher then the BFG MT even though they are made by the same company but they are less road friendly.

The Dunlop Mud Rovers are good as are the old mud brutes but i dont know if they are in production anymore .

have a set of GITI Adventuros on the tracker and although they are loud but they work very well.

Price be it high or low is not always indicative of a good tire. Also try finding about your tires in differnt parts of the world ,just because it is new here does not mean it hast proven its worth elswhere , they could have a strong following in europe,oceana etc...

T-donk
12-05-2008, 03:26 PM
mud brutes r still around pretty good tire for money

Always broke
12-05-2008, 05:43 PM
I have had BFG's seperate on me get punctures really easy and basically come undone from mild wheeling. not a tire i would trust.
For the price you pay for BFG they should give you two sets of tires because you will no doubt need them to equal one set of good tires.

plenty of better tires out there and sometimes the less expensive ones work out better in the long run . I have had the Mudkings which seem to be tougher then the BFG MT even though they are made by the same company (NOT they are horrible bad sidewalls and a tiny bead surface i was in th industry for years and wound never run Mud kings) but they are less road friendly.

The Dunlop Mud Rovers are good as are the old mud brutes but i dont know if they are in production anymore .

have a set of GITI Adventuros on the tracker and although they are loud but they work very well.

Price be it high or low is not always indicative of a good tire. Also try finding about your tires in differnt parts of the world ,just because it is new here does not mean it hast proven its worth elswhere , they could have a strong following in europe,oceana etc...

barracuda
12-05-2008, 06:31 PM
Are you sure they were not the same parent company? (I think you should look a bit deeper). You being in the tyre bussiness should have been able to figure this out by the two digit code on the tyre (# for instance Remington Mud Brutes are a DA designation which means they are made in the Dunlop plant in buffalo NY) When you get a chance look up the Mudkings :)

The sidewalls never shredded on any mudking yet the BFGs were always shitting the bed and seperating.
Mudking are a tougher tire and stand up to far more abuse, that is pretty much common knowledge.

[cheers] If i am wrong i will Beer ya[cheers]

12-05-2008, 06:44 PM
[stupid]

We have been selling a lot of the couragia's they work well here and the price is right.The terrain here is slightly different so different tires work differently.BFG's are no good here at all.
the couragia's are based on an old Aroura tread pattern but i havent seen them on the road long enough to say how they will last.I am going to try them on my truck in the spring if i get good feed back but i also get them significantly cheaper :rolleyes:

barracuda
12-05-2008, 06:54 PM
:confused0006: PS: i will give you a hint

two letters ------ BF

Moondog
12-05-2008, 06:57 PM
OK to say BFG's don't stand up to mild wheeling is BULLSHIT. I ran 31" BFG Muds on my XJ and I NEVER MIDLY WHEELED IT the only tire problem I had with the BFG's in 3 years was I tore a side wall (my fault not the tires) so my point is if the could take the abuse of my heavy right foot and the wheeling that I did then they ain't 1/2 bad.

bustamove
12-07-2008, 03:02 PM
LOL mud kings or mud terrains. are great tires for what there intended for.. but hard packed snow. and wet streets... no dice. i found with tires its all a balancing act. either your going with big fat lugs that are going to wear really well and not squirm under load. or you go with a tire with tons of sipping its not going to self clean very well. the block with squirm under load, especial with a bigger truck. but u will get excellent hard pack snow and wet conditions handling. so yet again. all i wanted to know was... has anyone run them on there trucks before, not how people think bfg and mud kinds are the same company or not. or who eles might have an more expensive tire that might work better. this is my budget and this is what i can afford to run...